jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

First page on google search...now 8th?

1. patw33 profile image60
    patw33posted 6 years ago

Hey, this is my first forum post (just joined yesterday) but I had a quick question. I made my first article yesterday and I was surprised that within a few hours I had reached the first page when searching on google. Now I search for it again, and the only way I can find it on google is through Digg, and that's on the 8th page. Is there any explanation as to why I had such a great page rank last night and now suddenly I've lost it? Thanks in advance.

2. Jeffrey Neal profile image87
    Jeffrey Nealposted 6 years ago

It's called the Google dance.  Often new content gets pushed up initially, but then G will move it around in  the rankings before it stabilizes.  Sometimes pages will show up and then disappear altogether only to reappear weeks later.  It's the nature of the beast, and the only thing you can do it create backlinks to try to encourage G to rank your page higher.

1. patw33 profile image60
      patw33posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the advice, I'll write some more articles and try to get some more backlinks.

3. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 6 years ago

Welcome to HubPages, PatW smile also, don't forget that the big G has been making changes to their SERP's too wink