jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Day Three Observations

1. Mike Rogers profile image60
    Mike Rogersposted 6 years ago

I've been a member of Hubpages for three days now, and I thought I might share some of my observations and experiences to date that might prove helpful to others. Let me preface this by saying with confidence that I am by no means an expert, a guru, or even competently trained in SEO in any way. I'm just a plain old hard working individual with some experience in the AdSense and affiliate marketing arenas with some observations about how that relates to Hubpages.

I hope readers find some of this helpful. I built my first four hubs rather quickly, primarily to get a feel for the interface here, and without the slightest thought to keyword targeting or linking. The fifth hub, however, I used to test what I'd qualify as a firm attainable and worthwhile target, based on my niche marketing experience. Since self-promotion is not allowed on the forums (and rightly so), we'll call the hub the following:

"Target Keywords Text Text Text"

I built the hub about 5PM yesterday, and when I checked things this morning 16 hours later, here's what I found:

1. Is Hub Indexed?

I typed the hub URL into Google, and the hub appeared in the results.

2. Is Hub Ranking for Target Keywords?

I typed in the target keywords in Google, and the hub ranked #64 out of 863,000 results.

3. Is Hub Ranking for Tags?

a) Selected random tag; ranked #10 out of 168,000
    b) Selected 2nd random tag; ranked #26 out of 102,000

Note that the tags contain text that appears only in the tags and not on the page text itself.

4. Is Hub Ranking for Subheader Text?

a) Selected random header; ranked #1 out of 31,200
    b) Selected 2nd random header; ranked #49 out of 809,000

5. Is Hub Ranking for Amazon Affiliate Feed Text?

a) Selected random "exact full title" from Amazon display; ranked #3 out of 19,700 results (and above Amazon itself)

b) Selected random "partial title" from Amazon display; ranked #10 out of 14,400

I know what you're thinking: That's a lot of statistics. What does it all mean and why is Mike talking about it? Simply stated, it shows me that Hubpages is an amazing platform. Why?

In 16 hours (relating to Google):

1. The hub was indexed.
    2. The hub ranks for the target #64 (out of 863,000 results!)
    3. The hub ranks very highly for tags in the tag section even with no other directly supporting page text.
    4. The hub ranks very highly for subheader text.
    5. The hub ranks very highly for Amazon feed text and appears able in some cases to outrank Amazon itself item for item.

Startling results and quite unexpected I must admit. It's clear to me that Google loves something about Hubpages hubs. Remember, this is without benefit of any strategic backlinking or traffic. It's purely on the page content and page structure. With just a little efficient SEO work, I'm confident this hub can get to Page 1 in Google, stay there, and serve the needs of visitors to the hub while generating revenue. It's a "win-win" scenario all around.

I think I may be able to reach all of my goals here smile

2. sunforged profile image69
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

Great analysis, explain WHY you picked those protocols and relate to experience in another publishing format (in a hub), and you will have created something that would be very helpful to the Hubpages community

best of luck!

3. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 6 years ago

Cool stats!  Wish I had those smile

4. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

I agree with Sunforged, write a Hub on it and let us know when you have !