jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

I just can't keep with it

1. 0
    blatvaposted 6 years ago

I want to write so badly. But the holidays are just buggin' me down.. and my birthday is on Saturday..  ._.  and I just don't feel like myself. I feel like a sad depressed version of me that I don't like. And I know anything this "Me" writes will be crap.

I just wish the holidays were over. If they were, I could get on with my life.

>.> I can't believe im turning 19.... I feel old.

Sorry for ranting... I feel comfortable talking here, unlike other places.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Oh happy bday, advance, i hope the holiday gives you a happier mood soon, just relax and dont pressure yourself to write, you can write again when you feeli like it,

cheer up young lady, you are not alone in feeling that too,

hugs and smile now...

2. 0
      AdviceDoctorposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You're 19 and you feel old? I'm 33, what am I, a zombie?

1. Daniel Carter profile image90
        Daniel Carterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

UM, HELLO!!! I just turned 54 last weekend!! Life is just getting good! (I have no choice, so I better make it good!)

Last December was one of the most depressing in memory. Thankfully, I had the good sense to take the proverbial bull by the horns and turn it around and make it wonderful this year. I threw my own party, and had a great time.

There is a practical side to winter blues. You might be off a bit biochemically, and that problem can often be solved by taking a fist full of Vit D and fish oil caps before going to bed. If you don't feel any differently, then it's not biochemical. I've learned through the years that this can actually work!

Hoping you have a great b-day and Christmas.

3. Chocolate Lover profile image60
      Chocolate Loverposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think you have lots of great hub so far..... If these days you couldn't write by any reason you may have, so just let those reason pass for a while.... I'm sure you will find sometimes later when you come on track and miss the moment of writing again....
      About the birthday, happy birthday anyway..... I don't think you would look that old in 19. What do you think of me now in 38? I have that regret one time before and asking myself, why should people getting older so fast without having enough chance to do something more and more.... We will always feel not enough when we always expecting for more and more everyday and forget to say thank you for what we already got these days..... Age is a number, some people said, and its true.... Don't bother with that number, its nothing... Just counting of what you have already done among those numbers..... I'm sure you will satisfy with the answer....

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 6 years ago

Holidays are stressful for everybody so you're not alone there smile take a few minutes, breathe, forget the clock and other things, type on your computer whatever crosses your mind no matter where it goes and you'll find something to build upon. turn some music on, scribble notes. You'll find your idea. smile close your eyes, deep breaths. Relax.

3. 0
    Ghost32posted 6 years ago

You could even do a Hub about "The Benefits Of Writing Crap".  Of course, it might be a good idea to find a substitute word for "crap", but still....

I didn't exactly feel young when I turned 19, either.  My love life sucked, my Chevy had a busted engine, the major I'd picked in college was producing my worst grades of all my courses, the military service draft was hanging over my head for when I expected to graduate in the spring (it was a 2 year tech school), and I also detested the holidays.  People expected presents, parents wouldn't understand if I didn't show up at their place (which I didn't want to do), and besides, in those days I always had a toothache and usually a severe head cold for most of December and half of January.

Fortunately, there is Life on the Other Side of Nineteen.  Hang in there. big_smile

4. 0
    blatvaposted 6 years ago

Thanks you guys ^^

5. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

I would suggest you take some time to yourself and get your thoughts all straigtened out and then take it from there. Happy Birthday coming up and you seem like you want to do better and with the holidays knocking down your door, it can be somewhat depressing. This I know for myself, because I'm not celebrating any of the holidays.

Please, if you need or want to talk, I'm a good listener, as well, as a good conversationalist. I'm always willing to help, if possible. I hope you begin to feel better. smile

1. 0
      zampanoposted 6 years ago in reply to this

ha ha ha
      Cagsil, if you didn't exist, you should be invented.
      I certainly agree with your first paragraph.
      I was about to post something of the like.

May we ask why you don't celebrate the holidays ?

6. Whitney05 profile image68
    Whitney05posted 6 years ago

I feel ya... My problem is I'm temporary help in another department and can't write as much as I usually can, and when I get home I'm done with the computer and have animals to care for. Plus, relationship issues (aren't those always fun- just wish I could knock him in the head and make him do what I want).

Just do the best that you can. Don't stress.

I know I opened about 10 hubs yesterday and have like 35 unpublished I'm slowly getting to.

One day, you'll want to be 19 again, cherish it... I am pathetic saying it bc I'm only 22, but dangit I miss being in high school. I miss being 18.