jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

The 'Your' Forum links

1. Mikel G Roberts profile image87
    Mikel G Robertsposted 7 years ago

I haven't been here long and I have only entered a few of the Forum Topics. I find that everytime I post a comment to a Forum, that an entry link to my comment is created. Though that in theory is a nice thing. It actually becomes a bit confusing. For example if I make 3000 comments on 1 forum, there are 3000 links that I have to scroll through in order to find any other forum topic I have also commented on. I am suggesting that a single link be created for each Forum Topic a member posts to. I believe that will be easier for members to navigate between several Forum topics, and it should save space on the HubPages server as well.
    I also find that once I have posted to someone else's Forum Topic that it is listed as my Forum Topic posting. That is confusing to me. When it is actually my posting I try to return often, I guess I kind of feel like the 'host'. I like the fact that under the 'your forum' tab any forum I have commented on appears. I would just prefer for the 'actual' person that originated the topic to be listed as the topic 'owner'.
    Hope it helps, Mikel

2. mel22 profile image61
    mel22posted 7 years ago

I think thats annoying too... sometimes it would be nice to quickly see who it was that initiated the post in " YOUR" posts. Probably the only way to get it program into the " YOUR" section

3. mel22 profile image61
    mel22posted 7 years ago

And yes they should just show you the last post made not all 3,000. Post this ti ideas suggestions or are we already there. I'll check in " Your" topics later and remeber your name when I see it. Oh wait I can't because I'll be listed as the topic initiator. Yeah, that's crap LOL

4. Whitney05 profile image62
    Whitney05posted 7 years ago

I'd like to be able to group thread. Say, if you made multiple comments on the same thread, to be able to see what threads you made a comment on, not each individual comment. It'd be easier to find the thread you're looking for.

It'd also be nice (and may be a feature I haven't found) to be able to find threads that you started, versus just your replies to any and all threads.

5. mel22 profile image61
    mel22posted 7 years ago

Anybody know what this Permalink button does?

1. Jeffrey Neal profile image86
      Jeffrey Nealposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It gives you a link to that post or thread that you can use elsewhere, like in another discussion.

2. darkside profile image81
      darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

This is what it does.

1. shazwellyn profile image84
        shazwellynposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Im sorry darkside, but this doesn't seem to be very useful.  What's the point? x

1. darkside profile image81
          darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

If there's a post by say Paul Deeds on another forum thread which has the answer to a persons question, rather than link to the forum URL and tell a person to scroll through the page and find Paul's post, I can link directly to his post within that thread.

1. shazwellyn profile image84
            shazwellynposted 7 years ago in reply to this

No.. still dont get it!  Tried to do it with you, DS, but nothing happened.  Guess I will learn in time...

#learning is an evolving thing#

It will click at some point! x

6. Jeffrey Neal profile image86
    Jeffrey Nealposted 7 years ago

I agree that having to scroll back pages is an annoyance.  Maybe if there was a simple "plus sign" next to the thread that you could expand to see your individual posts?  At least that way, you wouldn't be as likely to lose track of a response you receive in a thread weeks old.

working