jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

Is there a quick way to check comments made by me?

1. shazwellyn profile image82
    shazwellynposted 7 years ago

Is there a quick way of viewing comments in 'comments you made' section in my account?  I would like to see if the hubber comments that I have made on others work, has a response.  Scrolling through is a right pain and it would be so much easier if there was an indication next to the hub to indicate a response.

Does this make sense?

2. lorlie6 profile image84
    lorlie6posted 7 years ago

Go to your account and above your stats, you'll see 'comments you made.'
    Have fun!

1. 0
      lyricsingrayposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hey girl whats up? yikes

3. 0
    Justine76posted 7 years ago

under "my account" there is interaction in that column is comments you made....

4. 0
    Justine76posted 7 years ago

smile ha ha, you beat me!!

5. shazwellyn profile image82
    shazwellynposted 7 years ago

I am sorry, I didnt make myself clear.  I have 117 hubs that I have commented on.  These are listed in 'my account' category 'interaction', 'comments I made'.  I know where to find this.

Does this mean that I have to scroll and click through every single one of these 117 to see if there is a response.  Is there no other method that would save me the scrolling and clicking?  It is just a painful exercise to go through only to find that nothing has been responded to?

Wouldnt it be a good idea to put an symbol next to the hub title list in the 'my account', 'interaction' category to let the hubber know that there has been a movement on the commented hubs?

I gather, therefore, that at present, there is no quicker method other than laborously clicking and scrolling?  Or am I wrong?

Thanking you for your help and hoping that this hasnt come over as too assertive x

1. lorlie6 profile image84
      lorlie6posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Now I see what you mean, and shazwellyn, I think HubPages should read this thread.

6. 0
    Janettaposted 7 years ago

nope, sorry. That's the only way to check. You can keep an eye on the number of comments the hubs have, however and if it changes in the time since you commented, then you'll know either the author responded or someone else commented. It's easier to check with hubs that haven't had a lot of activity that day.

I generally wait a day to check back on a hub. Unless I know the hubber is around, then I may check right away. Also, if you are commenting on ahub that seems to be getting a lot of reads that day, you can watch for it in the hub feed.

1. shazwellyn profile image82
      shazwellynposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yes, Ive been checking the hubitivity feed (the new one that has been developed) but I think that scrolling through 'comments you made' really painful and it doesnt encourage me to keep checking back.

Maybe it is a suggestion for hubpages?  Do you think I have a point?

1. goldenpath profile image81
        goldenpathposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I agree.  There are parts of HP that need to be more user friendly especially for us that plan on pursuing it for the long haul.  The comment tracking is one of them.

working