jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

The "Your" option on the forums

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

The "Your" listing ont he forums isn't very user friendly.

On another forum I frequent, that option isn't available. Instead, there's an icon on the left of each thread. If you've contributed to the thread, it looks different. I can then scroll down the threads and see whether anyone else has commented.  That works for me. 

Any other ideas?

PS This may be a bit drastic, but personally I can't understand why HubPages has its own forum setup, instead of using one of the more popular ones.  Frankly, it seems pointless to persist with a proprietary version, when the result is inferior in functionality to most of the other forums out there on other sites.

2. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 6 years ago

As far as I'm aware the forum software used here is punBB. But heavily customised.

vBulletin is very powerful and arguably the best forum software available. Though I'm unsure how much effort it would take to get it to work with the hubtivity and other HP features that have been implemented.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I suppose that's the problem - if they switched to another system it would mean an integration headache.  But I must say, every time I go to other forums, I'm always struck by how much easier it is to get around and follow the discussions I want to follow.

3. Ivorwen profile image84
    Ivorwenposted 6 years ago

Personally, I really like this forum and find it easy to navigate.  Many of the others that I have visited just confuse me, and I leave.

I also find the 'your' helpful, because it is easy to check back on posts that I have made that may have gotten buried.