jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Newbie question please,,,

1. Bill Manning profile image71
    Bill Manningposted 6 years ago

Hi all. My name is Bill and I just made my first hub today. I own several of my own websites and blogs, I even make websites for others.

So I have no technical questions, thankfully! The ONE question I have is, is a hub like a single blog post or more like a squidoo lens?

Yes I have looked at other hubs, but I'm still confused. Hubs seem to be almost a single subject like a blog post. Yet some have some "wondering" so to speak.

I write about Orlando tourism. So, would a hub about Orlando hotels be too broad? Or would it be better to talk about just one hotel, or one chain of hotels, per hub?

Hotels is just one of many subjects, but you get my point. If I was making a hub on Disney I guess each hub would be a single ride or show in Disney and so on, right? Thanks for your time! smile

1. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It could be like both, or it could be like neither of those examples.

2. rebekahELLE profile image92
      rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think breaking them up into different categories may be helpful, then you can group them together which is an option in the edit mode at the top of your hub. You can also link to them in your hubs. people traveling to Orlando generally have a specific price range or type of hotel they're looking for. You could have luxury resorts as a theme, family friendly, Disney, etc. do you keyword search work and you have a set of hubs right there which are going to draw traffic. big_smile
      It's a great place to write, you'll enjoy.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

Look at a hub as an individual article, like you find in a magazine.

I think breaking down your hubs would be better than them being too broad.

3. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

True dat Susan. At the same time article can cover any of the listed topics. It could be a broad overview of Orlando hotels, it could be a chain overview, or it could describe a single specific hotel, too.

It's all up to you Bill. Given your circumstances, I would probably do several hubs, from a broad overview(s) to tiny details, and interlink them accordingly. smile

Oh, and welcome to Hugpages! smile

4. Bill Manning profile image71

Thanks all for the answers so far. So it really is just up to what you want to do with it then, I got ya. I think I'll make mine a bit brief, almost like a blog post.

People don't like to read a whole lot at once. But I can see how a long informative hub could get people to bookmark it and come back for more. Thanks again!

1. 0
      Janettaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Just make sure it isn't too short! Or too long...

5. Bill Manning profile image71

Well thanks to everyone's help here I made my second hub! I figured I'd make one related to my other one so I could link them. Check it out if you want:
    Universal water rides
    Thanks again!