jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (13 posts)

A button for the Forums

1. 0
    Crazdwriterposted 6 years ago

I think there should be a button to block or "kick out" someone from a forum only allowed to be used by the one who makes the forum. Then a lot of the fighting and bickering would end and it would be A LOT better. the report button just isn't enough..even if the person isn't breaking rules there are still a lot of RUDE and negative comments from RUDE people.

1. sooner than later profile image60
      sooner than laterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thats a good idea. I'll write the pres.

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

I personally would prefer it left as is. I see no reason. People can be rude, which is a subjective term, to begin with. As, you could deem what I say here to be rude, and kick me out of the chat, because you didn't like what I had to say or thought I was being rude. Where is the line drawn?

How does one distinguish was is rude? Are you planning on stopping all chat in the thread, to get other people's opinions, on whether or not, what someone said was rude?

There are lots of ways to form sentences, as you write them, but many people, simply type what's in their head, most of the time, nevertheless the wiser. To them, they do it so much, it's routine. You don't realize how much of one's personality goes into the written word, if you know what your looking for?

I can understand that there are people who don't really care what people feel. It's obvious, in every day life. Accept it and move on. The negative energy you generate by letting it get to you isn't worth it.

Just a thought. big_smile

3. sunforged profile image69
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

a "Ignore" feature - hides users posts in threads

also some sort of rating, that keeps spam, insulting, lost etc users from starting any new threads outside of the "need help" forum

1. Cagsil profile image83
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'll agree with the Ignore feature. Very nice idea sunforged. big_smile

2. itech profile image56
      itechposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ignore button : 1 vote from me.

3. 0
      Crazdwriterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think an Ignore button would be a nice touch to the forums. I agree sunforged excellent idea.

4. 0
    ralwusposted 6 years ago

Let's play house. You be the door and I'll slam you. We don't need no buttons. No fun of that. wink

5. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

If there were a "kick-out" button there'd be nobody left by the time everyone got through kicking out whoever they wanted to kick out.  lol

I mostly stay away from getting involved in any bickering, but I have to say that people can be at their funniest when they're fighting with each other on the forum.  lol  I kind of like reading the occasional forum brawl.  smile

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I miss BadCo. sad

1. Lisa HW profile image83
        Lisa HWposted 6 years ago in reply to this

So do I.  The forums just haven't been the same recently.   hmm

6. Bovine Currency profile image60
    Bovine Currencyposted 6 years ago

I think we should have a 'there-there' button for the saps who get knicker tied over a damn discussion forum

7. cindyvine profile image84
    cindyvineposted 6 years ago

Belly buttons or milk chocolate buttons?