jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (16 posts)

Weird Comment

1. lorlie6 profile image86
    lorlie6posted 6 years ago

I just got a strange comment on my newest hub which has given me the options of 'spam' or 'delete forever.'  There's a link on it, but my gut tells me to simply delete it and not click on it.
    Is it more helpful to the HP community to label it spam?

1. alexandriaruthk profile image51
      alexandriaruthkposted 6 years ago in reply to this

hi lorlie, just delete it, I will delete it if I have spam like that,

2. itech profile image56
      itechposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Few hours late to post here.

2. 0
    AdviceDoctorposted 6 years ago

It's probably better to label it as spam. You never know what this is, and there's been alot in the media recently about receiving links in messages on facebook, myspace, twitter and etc. Never open them. I would label it as spam..

3. Wendi M profile image82
    Wendi Mposted 6 years ago

What kind of strange comment Laurel?

I had one woman post a comment on my Alcoholism/Anxiety hub that "outright" pissed me off, but I just left it there.  Some people's stupidity should just be left out there for the whole world to see!

lorlie6posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Here it is, and I have no idea what it means:
      IT is beautiful.http://www.6inchboot.com
      It's on my Quitting Smoking hub...boots, I don't think so!

4. 0
    Crazdwriterposted 6 years ago

Hit SPAM and send it back into the deepest darkest depths of spamworld big_smile

5. Jeffrey Neal profile image90
    Jeffrey Nealposted 6 years ago

Is the comment relevant to your hub? If not or if it doesn't make sense, then delete it.  I usually delete the ones with links within the body of the comment unless I feel like the link is relevant to the hub.

6. Dale Mazurek profile image57
    Dale Mazurekposted 6 years ago

I have no patience for spammers or scammers.

I dont even think twice, the spam comments are so obvious they are gone in seconds.  Thank our lucky stars that iy isnt as bad here as some other places many of us tend to visit.

7. 0
    Janettaposted 6 years ago

I'm pretty sure that after you mark it as spam, you can still delete it forever. I can't remember....

8. Ms Chievous profile image81
    Ms Chievousposted 6 years ago

If it is not relevant to your hub then delete it.  I often delete comments that have links in them. 

Sometimes people just look at your author score and go leave an irrelevant comment on your hub just to get you to fan/follow them.  If I get a comment about someone disagreeing with me I will leave it.

I recently got a comment from some random due asking me about what size bra he should wear on a hub about bras, but I deleted it because I really didn't know how to take him

Oh, Lord...

9. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 6 years ago

Including a URL that is unrelated to the topic is unquestionably  spam.

10. Arthur Fontes profile image90
    Arthur Fontesposted 6 years ago

Twitter has a scam that is rampant throughout the network when you click the link it somehow gets your username and password and spreads the disease through Direct messages using your account.  If it doesn't feel right Spam it..

Thanks, everyone-I decided to 'delete forever.'
      And I did not click on that link!

11. 0
    lyricsingrayposted 6 years ago

SPAM it babe big_smile