jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Spacing of text in a Hub

1. Dgmeyer profile image61
    Dgmeyerposted 8 years ago

Would like to know how to single space my hubs.  They all come through double spaced.  Thanks to anyone who can give me an answer.

Donna Meyer

2. Olive S. profile image61
    Olive S.posted 8 years ago

So when you hit the space button it comes out as a double space?

3. kerryg profile image87
    kerrygposted 8 years ago

If s/he? has the same problem I do, it's when you hit the enter button, or create different items in a list. It's been driving me nuts.

I did figure out (after editing and re-editing one list far more times than I'm going to admit) that part of the problem was that it was switched from --Format-- to Paragraph between the different list items, and manually changing it back to --Format-- fixed that list.

4. Inspirepub profile image88
    Inspirepubposted 8 years ago

HubPages has a limited range of settings in its formatting - this is deliberate.

Web pages look better with a line of white space between paragraphs, so Hubpages paragraphs default to a single blank line between them, and ignore multiple carriage returns.

It drove those of us trying to post poems completely nuts.

If you write in a word processor, and then paste the text in, you can select "pre-formatted", and it will leave the line spacings as you have them.

Unfortunately it also uses a less-attractive font when it does that, and pre-formatted capsules don't wrap the way regular ones do if you float a picture to the right.

In the end, I decided to go with double-spacing on my poems, and then make a "triple" space between stanzas by putting a single full stop (period) at the beginning of an otherwise blank line.

I don't know if that will work with what you are trying to achieve, though.