OMG I still can not get past my Amazon problem

1. 80
    Bellywinksposted 8 years ago

I am working on a new hub.  Just finished the text.  I added Amazon and now it automatically added products. I didn't even have a chance to input a keyword.   I didn't  fill anything out.  I can't delete using that minus sign all it does is add other products.  And they don't have anything to do with my hub.  I gave up on the ASIN or ISBN # too many third parties out there.

Others have been great help, but maybe its time for Hub tech help.  I truly feel I understand the mechanics of it.  I have been reading alot but I am missing something.  Which part of my brain is not working! 

thanks for your patience

I would like to also add it is highly refreshing to see so many helpful and sincere hubbers out there.  I come from another online selling source and I have learned not to ask questions.  Or you get the wrath.

1. pauldeeds profile image
      pauldeedsposted 8 years ago in reply to this

When you first add an amazon capsule the search term defaults to the title of your hub.  If you don't like those products (or there aren't any), you can go in and change the search term by just editing the capsule.  The amazon searches are "AND" searches, so you don't want to put in too many words or you may not get any products at all.

I'm not sure what you mean about ASIN or ISBN #, if you use that method you are picking the exact product that you want displayed in your capsule.  If you just pick products that don't have third party sellers, you can eliminate that problem (although I'm not sure why it's a problem).

Darkside has made an excellent hub that covers the ins and outs of all the capsules.  It contains a pretty good explanation of how to use the amazon capsule.  If you're still having trouble, let us know exactly what products you want to display and I (or another Hubber) can tell you some specific settings to try.