A shout of hello and missing you Texan

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (41 posts)
  1. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

Texan got banned for 30 days as he explains here in a hub

http://hubpages.com/hub/Banned-for-30-days

So I'm saying we miss you and sad your not here, but will be waiting for your return

Cheers mate

xo

Your followers and friends

2. Ron Montgomery profile image59
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

What caused this?

3. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

PS thanks Texan for doing the Hub and I agree with you.  What is happening to the forums?  People being banned more often, and many who should, are not. 

Our topics are seldom fun and don't promote topics of challenging conversations.  Religion and politics dominate the site which is where people end up getting banned.  I have tried to attempt posting threads of new variety but to no success.  I think Texan and if you read those who added comments are feeling the same way.

sigh.

what to do?

4. blue dog profile image59
    blue dogposted 14 years ago

not everyone misses him. 

just wait a minute. it's a certainty his alter ego will soon be trolling thru here.

5. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Who else you going to turn in? I must be on your hit list.

1. profile image0
      lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

who?

1. profile image0
        sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Blue dog and his coalition of self appointed intellectuals.

1. profile image0

oh, okay wink

2. manlypoetryman profile image82
          manlypoetrymanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Blue Dog makes false accusations...for sure. He is still going on about me being "Tex"...and I don't know how in the _____ he got us confused...to begin with...I guess 'cause we come from the same state...but then so does he??? He's a case!

6. Arthur Fontes profile image75
    Arthur Fontesposted 14 years ago

I have not found A Texan to be anything but respectable.  This is awful what did someone flag him because they disagreed with him?

1. profile image0

There's a group of hubbers that have a vision that hub pages should be for progressives and without decent. They feel their insults and attacks are justified and any one responding is a vile hater and should be silenced.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image59
        Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Without decent?

1. blue dog profile image59
          blue dogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

it's east texas bubba speak.

What thread caused all the commotion ?

2. profile image0

It's a whole lot better than artsy-fartsy nonsense.

Did you mean dissent or decency ?

1. profile image0

Dissent. I'm sorry I don't spell worth a damn.smile

I know, and it usually doesn't matter to me.  In this case it actually affected the meaning of your post.

2. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am certain they did, it used to be that you could have a debate on HP and each hubber would respect one another , now it is one tattling on the other isn't everyone supposed to be over 18 in here? lololo big_smile

7. Ron Montgomery profile image59
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

What was the thread?

8. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

What? I will go and read go grief is all of this becoming necessary? HP used to be so much fun. sad

1. profile image0

I agree. sad

9. Arthur Fontes profile image75
    Arthur Fontesposted 14 years ago

So there are actually people trolling these forums looking for reasons to report people.. "I'm Telling" seems kind of childish.
    Just so everyone knows I do not respect this kind of behaviour at all.  When I was in school, by the way I graduated from the school of hard knocks we called people like this RATS...

I don't know how far you have to go to get banned, but it seems to be getting more common.  The only case I am aware of where someone was banned and clearly deserved it involved physical threats and intimidation.

1. profile image0

I was banned for three days for calling someone a "pansy".

1. Arthur Fontes profile image75
          Arthur Fontesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I probably could have had at least ten people banned yesterday I had some rude comments come my way.  I see insults in forums as the only way someone with a small mind can express themselves or the person is stuck in a miserable situation in real life without the courage to stand up for themselves so they vent at strangers in forums.

1. profile image0

I agree but its not right for it to be give and take then when one party wants to win they report the other. The Hub staff shoud review the conversation and make a decision on the whole conversation. Maybe both should be banned and if it's a fair match then they should tell the tattle-tail to pipe down.

1. Arthur Fontes profile image75
              Arthur Fontesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I would agree that should be policy or place a block button similar to twitter where neither person can see the others posts, forums or even their hubs if that is what the user wants.

1. profile image0

That would be reasonable.

2. Ron Montgomery profile image59

Seems excessive.

1. profile image0

Yes, considering I said that to respond to an individual who was calling me a mindless illiterate.

was he/she also banned?

10. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

You just have to take their insults and move on because if you give them a dose of their own medicine, you're done.

11. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

AAA A Texan if you read this I MISS YOU BUDDY! It's horrible that people get banned especially when they are sticking up for themselves and their friends from others who think it's okay to attack first. it's disgusting!

12. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

I really don't care if he's banned or not. He's been rude to me a couple of times.
    Never reported him, because he was too funny, and I love to laugh.

13. Jason Menayan profile image60
    Jason Menayanposted 14 years ago

Users who have had temporary bans for personal attacks have gotten them simply for violating our rules, by attacking another user. There is no place for personal attacks in any discussion.

We make every effort to be fair, but we don't have a large team trawling the forums for possible offenses. We take a look at reports, often give a warning if we see a violation, and ban if we see repeat offenses.

The best thing to do is to ignore insults and simply flag them. Responding in kind will likely get you banned as well.

We like to keep the Forums fun as an adjunct to the main business of publishing Hubs, but hope that Hubbers can comply with our rules and make our jobs easier as well.

1. profile image0

Thanks Jason, appreciate you posting on this subject.

14. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

I know it isn't up to non-staff people like me to second-guess, or seem to be trying to second-guess the rules or the way things are done.  (And, honestly, I'm not really "passing judgment" - only opinion/feedback.

I know there are reasons for "no-personal-attacks" rules, and I know what a zoo can happen when everyone gets into a big forum brawl.  I'm assuming, too, that HubPages (or any online company doesn't want its members feeling attacked).

Having said that, though, there's the "Oh-grow-up" factor when someone participates in a world-wide forum that covers any number of subjects.  I mean, if you come to the forums and click on something other than the food forum there's always the chance someone will call you are jerk or a pansy or a moron or a right-wing nut, or whatever.  Who cares?  If you care about someone insulting you, and if you want to have "all nice" and nothing else, you ought to know enough to stay off forums on the Internet.  I'm not saying personal attacks should be welcomed and encouraged, but I almost think there should just be a warning:  "Warning:  Someone may be mean on here, so enter at your risk, particularly if you're  - oh, shall we say - a pansy."  lol  Since the forums are supposed to be that "fun adjunct" to Hubbing, might it not be better if a generally lighter attitude was taken, and encouraged, by all?  Thinking back to the days when my kids were little, my attitude was pretty much, "Unless someone does/says something really horrible I won't to hear about it."  roll.   I'll be honest:  If I saw something that was truly "hate speech" I'd report it, whether it was directed at me or not.  Other than that kind of thing, Good Lord - if someone calls you a poo-poo head (or a moron or whatever else) deal with it.  mad   What's with the reporting people thing?   I have a couple of Hubs with comments that are not but personal attacks on me.  That's what I get for posting writing.  I've never expected HubPages to protect me from insults.  Yes, if I get sick of it I can close my account but, do I want to lose earnings over a few insults or become someone else decided to be rude?  There's far more satisfaction in politely standing up for yourself and letting someone have it right back than in "telling" and hoping someone gets banned.  It appears a lot of people like a good banning drama, but there's that point where you just think, "Oh, stop reporting people from saying something mean.  It's the Internet - and besides, there are people starvng to death in the world."   hmm

1. Cagsil profile image71
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well said. big_smile

15. bojanglesk8 profile image59
    bojanglesk8posted 14 years ago

oh noez i scare now

16. creepy profile image56
    creepyposted 14 years ago

all the cool kids get kicked out

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)