entering the code from affiliates to my blog

1. expatinchina profile image61
    expatinchinaposted 6 years ago

I feel I must be missing something, I want to add affiliates such as amazon and adsense to my blog. I am told to copy and paste their codes to my text, but when I do this ,what appears in my blog is a lot of computer jargon which I am sure is not right. Tell me is simple words how to do it PLEASE!

2. 0
    baconmidgetposted 6 years ago

that is for different types of blogs and websites were you are allowed to use html codes. adsense will post there ads up on there own and with amazon you gotta use the amazon capsule then you just search for the product you want or enter the ID number

3. Marisa Wright profile image94
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

Expat, the first thing to note is that HubPages is not a blogging site.

On HubPages, you write magazine-style articles, at least 400 words long (and often much longer). Each article is called a Hub. Each Hub stands alone (although you can write a series, just as a magazine columnist might write related articles each week). 

On a blogging site, you write a blog and keep adding to it day by day.

Now, to answer your question, you can't put the Amazon and Adsense codes in your text.  If you've put your Adsense code in your account settings, that's all you need to do.  For the Amazon products, add an Amazon capsule and either use keywords, or open Amazon in a separate window, look for the ISBN numbers of the books or ASIN numbers of the products in the Product Description area, and paste them in.