jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Getting really aggravated

1. Shades7 profile image62
    Shades7posted 6 years ago

I took my entire blog offline and it will be cancelled this week yet I still have those lovely red duplicates on stories I posted here. Also, posts that had my score at like 83 have suddenly been reduced, some marked as duplicates and my main score is drastically reduced. It's getting old working my butt off just to have this happen. Would someone please tell me what I have to do to keep the score reasonable?

2. livewithrichard profile image85
    livewithrichardposted 6 years ago

It takes time for that stuff to go away.  Just because you removed it from your personal blog doesn't mean that it is gone from the search engines cache.  The next time the search engine index's your blog the chache will update and then the next time it index's HP's cache the duplicate notices will be removed.  Be patient.

3. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 6 years ago

If they are duplicates, somebody may be copying your work too hmm do a copy check, use copyscape and there are few others too I think. HP articles attract copycats and thieves most likely because of our pretty SERP, so do check and give HP time to remove the flags. big_smile Great writing too, btw!

1. relache profile image86
      relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have to say it's probably NOT this, and is happening for the reason that livewithrichard pointed out.

4. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

Do you use Google Webmaster tools?

You can change the rate at which Google crawls your website, so you may be able to speed up the time it takes for Google to clear it's cache of your previous website.