jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Constant-content dot com: I'm baffled

1. EmpressFelicity profile image83
    EmpressFelicityposted 6 years ago

I recently signed up with Constant Content and they've accepted an article from me, so it's now going to sit in lonely splendour and await purchase on a usage, unique use or full use basis. (Like most authors on the site, I've set a relatively low price for usage, and higher prices for unique and full use.)  However, I was browsing the site and found that some authors are offering their articles for free!  I can't see how this could benefit either them or Constant Content, given that CC makes money by getting a percentage commission on all purchases and not (AFAICT) anything from Adsense or other affiliate advertising.

Has anyone else had dealings with Constant Content, and can you shed light on this?

2. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

I haven't been there for a while, but I never offered anything free of charge.  Maybe some new authors are hoping to to be able to say someone took their article?  Or, might someone have made some deal like, "x number of articles for $50"?

1. EmpressFelicity profile image83
      EmpressFelicityposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I suppose either would be possible LOL.  Though if I wanted to do a multi-purchase deal, I'd charge for each article and refund the appropriate amount of money *after* the person had paid!

3. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 6 years ago

I've sold numerous articles on CC, but I've never offered any of them for free! I'm like you - what's the point??