jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

Could use some critiquing on layout, etc

1. moanalisa profile image60
    moanalisaposted 6 years ago

As the title says, I could use some critiquing on the layout of one of my hubs:

Finding Jobs, What You Need to Know

I had read through a lot of advice here and fiddled around tweaking the page a bit. Before I launch into my next related hub, I wanted to get some opinions and suggestions first on how I can improve my hubs. No need to go through my other hubs (unless you really want to) as your suggestions on the one linked above should give me a pretty good idea of what I need to do to get the others looking and sounding better.

Thank you in advance!

1. WriteAngled profile image92
      WriteAngledposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm no great expert on layout, so haven't much to say. I do notice, however, that you use bullet points in some sections and not in others where they might also be useful.

In the "homework" section, you might also consider adding the importance of getting background information about the company to which an application is being made. That will help in preparing an answer for the inevitable interview question: "Why do you want to work for us?".

BTW, love your user name!

2. frogdropping profile image84
    frogdroppingposted 6 years ago

Hey moana smile

It depends on what you're writing for. I'm of the mind that as it is, it's well written and delivers on the title. However, the URL, title and first heading are all different.

Perhaps you would be better advised to stick to the same URL/title.

For e.g. 'find-a-job' (URL) and 'How To find A job' (title).

Your article is information rich and 'how to' articles do well. It's a great effort, full, fleshed out and 'as is' only misses some relevant media - a few pictures wouldn't go amiss, to break up the text a bit more and to give your readers something else to look at.

Welcome to HubPages smile

3. moanalisa profile image60

Thank you, frogdropping. I was originally going to post it as a "part 2" to another hub, however I changed my mind as I felt it was a topic that related to more than teens. Is there a way I can re-do the URL to match the title?

1. frogdropping profile image84
      frogdroppingposted 6 years ago in reply to this

No, unfortunately. You're stuck with your URL. But you can up the anti and change the title/subheadings to match the URL.
      However, with yours, I wouldn't bother.

Now you know what not to do, apply this to your next hubs. We all make mistakes, best to get them all out early on wink

There are some great hubs on the site - read Darkside, Mark Knowles, relache are but a few.

4. thranax profile image60
    thranaxposted 6 years ago

Its look ok content wise, but its boring if you ask me. Add some pictures to increase the presentation of your article! I personally love images smile

Other then what Froggy said, thats good start!

5. Cagsil profile image82
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

I just visited the Hub and I left a comment, but I don't see anything to change. I also don't want to nick pick, but I don't think it would matter. So, with that said- Good job. smile

6. moanalisa profile image60

Thank you all for your suggestions and words of encouragement! I'm working now on getting some images up--even sent my daughter out to ask a neighbor for a newspaper I could borrow for a picture idea.

Excellent point, thank you! And by the way, I love puns...your name is terrific! big_smile

7. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago

you are on the right track, on your first hubs, Welcome, Maita

8. Karina S. profile image60
    Karina S.posted 6 years ago

Welcome to hub pages!