jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

What Do I Lack Still?

1. aoiffe379 profile image61
    aoiffe379posted 7 years ago

I am wondering what I lack still as I have had several hubs hit the lower 80s, which I consider a great improvement for me. Previously, they hovered in the lower and high 70s and some still bring up the rear in the 50s. I have written on a variety of topics, used photo and other capsules, tried to make my articles interesting but something is still missing.The hub metrics and my non-existent income after six months and 76 hubs seem to indicate I lack the knack for writing articles or anything of commercial value.I have two hubs that I am about to publish.Before I do,I would appreciate some hard criticism especially of the hubs  in the high 70s and lower 80s.What can I do to give them a 'saleable' makeover? I do participate in forums, ask and answer questions; and I do visit hubs,leaving comments at times.

2. profile image0
    ryankettposted 7 years ago

The key to income and traffic, if that is what you want, is effective use of keywords and backlinks. If you are not willing to learn those two things, or SEO as a wider topic, then online writing will not bring you profit. We have just lost a great hubber who, in a nutshell, wasn't prepared to embrace this imperative area of online content. There are hubs about these topics which will help you, just try searching for 'keywords', 'backlinks', 'seo', and 'traffic'. Remember that it is search engine traffic which earns you cash, steady traffic also helps to improve your hub scores in most cases.

1. profile image0
      lyricsingrayposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thank you that was very helpful.

3. Gale Force profile image60
    Gale Forceposted 7 years ago

Also, are you sure your affiliate programs are working properly?

I'm a newbie to Hubpages, with Amazon and Ebay affiliate accounts. Amazon finally seems to be working - but Ebay still doesn't show up as recording any clicks. (Yes, I know you're not supposed to click on your own ads, but how can you know if the links are working if you don't test them?)

I dont' have time to worry about it now, but after the new year I'll be delving more deeply into whether or not the Ebsay code on my hubs is working properly...because I dont' think it is.

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Anybody reading this post by Gale Force, please note that clicking on your own Adsense ads will result in your adsense account being permanently deleted.

@Gale Force - I doubt very much that you have an ebay affiliate account, otherwise you would be the first hubpages member to be approved for one in months.

1. Gale Force profile image60
        Gale Forceposted 7 years ago in reply to this

>>>>Anybody reading this post by Gale Force, please note that clicking on your own Adsense ads will result in your adsense account being permanently deleted.

I don't use google ad sense.  ; ) 

>>> @Gale Force - I doubt very much that you have an ebay affiliate account, otherwise you would be the first hubpages member to be approved for one in months.

I had my Amazon and Ebay accounts prior to signing up for Hub Pages. I publish a few webzines on which I use them.

But perhaps that is the problem with why they are not working at Hub Pages? Because my "primary" URL is my own domain, not the Hubpages URL?

4. Gale Force profile image60
    Gale Forceposted 7 years ago

>>>>Anybody reading this post by Gale Force, please note that clicking on your own Adsense ads will result in your adsense account being permanently deleted.

Oh... and I spose I shoud just say, since you *have* to test them to make sure they work... just go to a friend's computer, one with a different IP.

I'm not advocating that you do this to cheat, but again, how can you know the ads are working, when you first set them up, unless you test them?

5. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 7 years ago

btw I am in the exact same position.  Feel stuck in space.  There are some good tips in this thread though, helping me too, thanks.

6. Google Gal profile image59
    Google Galposted 7 years ago

ya just gotta hang in there , read the hub blogs at the bottom of the pages there where it says blogs , follow links and learn , it takes time , and patience but start there and read alot , and write alot of hubbs , I just joined the hub challenge and am allready like a day behind , but I'm determined to do it , dont lose faith you , too will get there  smile

working