jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

My ads don't match my hub

1. 2besure profile image83
    2besureposted 6 years ago

I don't know what to do to get my hub to match my hub.  My key words are OK, my tag all go with my topic and the category is exact.  I keep getting ads of child abuse and sexual predators.  I have remove pertinent key words and put them back in.  Stumped   What should I do?

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 6 years ago

New Hubs often take time for Google to find a decent match.  Otherwise, the ads are going to be matched up based upon your content and tags.  What you link to is also going to be considered.

So if you write about sex over sixty, and link to nursing home abuse, that's probably going to confuse Google, as your link is off-topic for your Hub.

Also, what ads you see are often tailored to you, and not what other visitors will see on the same pages, as that's how Google operates.

3. 2besure profile image83
    2besureposted 6 years ago

Ok, I will wait and see what happens.  It is only one hub out of 10 that I have this problem with.  The article already has over 150 views in two weeks, but not getting clicks because of unrelated ads.

4. bojanglesk8 profile image61
    bojanglesk8posted 6 years ago

Just wait a little longer.

5. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

If you have had unrelated ads for over two weeks you MAY have a problem.  There are some things you can do to help.

Go in to your google adsense account and you can ban specific adverts from appearing on your publisher ID.  Take the URLs you don't want displayed and add them to this list.

Place keywords of your top directly around the adsense blocks.

Use keyword tools to find out the exact keyword densities on your Hub, you can often write an article around one keyphrase and infact have a different key phrase with more percentage than your intended target.