jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (11 posts)

What Do You Do On St.Patrick's Day ???

1. Olive S. profile image62
    Olive S.posted 9 years ago

I was thinking about me b-day for no reason then for no reason I started thinking about St.Patrick's Day. tongue  Next I'll be asking about Easter! 

What are some believes about St.Patrick's Day ?
    What do you wear on St.Patty's Day? [ I wear a green sparkly durby, and wear green sunglasses, a green boa, a green wig, and a green shirt, with jeans.] I do the whole treatment. big_smile
    Oh, and who's IRISH and has anyone ever found a four leaf clover?

2. MaxPowers profile image59
    MaxPowersposted 9 years ago

I always dye my hair green!!!!!!!

3. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 9 years ago

Avoid really drunk people

4. gamergirl profile image60
    gamergirlposted 9 years ago

Avoid people who want to pinch me for not wearing green.

5. C.M. Vanderlinden profile image74
    C.M. Vanderlindenposted 9 years ago

Spend the day grinning and bearing it through people remarking that "Colleen" is Irish for "girl" or calling me a "good Irish lass" with a really bad Irish accent. And, like Relache, avoiding really drunk people.

I do make the kids green scrambled eggs smile

6. Olive S. profile image62
    Olive S.posted 9 years ago

Avoiding drunk people is a good one,but with a whole family of irsh, please. The only thing I can do is hide in my room. wink

7. elisabeth reid profile image76
    elisabeth reidposted 9 years ago

I often kind of forget about it.  Until I get pinched for not wearing green, and then I get grumpy.

Bah, humbug.

tongue

8. William F. Torpey profile image83
    William F. Torpeyposted 9 years ago

I always find something green to wear for Saint Paddy's Day; usually it's just a shirt. Then I scan the newspaper ads to see where they're serving corned beef and cabbage, It's about the only time I ever have that dish. Years ago I tipped a few ales, but not so much any more.

But, most importantly, I listen to audio tapes of Bing Crosby singing Irish ballads and watch one of my Crosby videotapes, probably "Top o' the Morning" (1949) or "Going My Way" (1944.)

9. C.M. Vanderlinden profile image74
    C.M. Vanderlindenposted 9 years ago

Oh..."Going My Way"! I haven't seen that movie in a long time---it was one of my grandma's favorites. Now I'll have to get my hands on a copy! Thanks for the reminder, William!

1. William F. Torpey profile image83
      William F. Torpeyposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Bing's making a comeback, C.M.! He's even got a new website, bingcrosby.com. It's snowing here now in New York, maybe I should be watching "White Christmas"?

10. RKHenry profile image79
    RKHenryposted 7 years ago

I eat fish and chips and drink green chili beer.

working