jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

General feeling towards celebrity biography or picture hubs

1. Suspect20 profile image81
    Suspect20posted 6 years ago

I have had a really hard time finding motivation or a subject worth writing new hubs on recently, and can't seem to create any new content.  I have seen many hubbers who create mostly hubs containing pictures or celebrity based galleries, and was wondering what the generally attitude towards content like that is within the community here.  My only immediate observation would be that they seem to score slightly lower than other hubs.

I tried to avoid making celebrity bio or picture hubs when I first started writing and had plenty to hub about, but was considering doing a few of these hub types to try to get back into hubbing again.  I've only created one hub (out of my 19) like this so far, and it seems to be an above average traffic generator compared to hubs that require a lot more time and specific knowledge to create.

I was hoping to get some thoughts or feedback about this hub genere specifically, or any ideas to break out of a slow writing slump.  Do others consider celebrity picture hubs to be somewhat "cheap" or even bordering on breaking some rules?

2. sunforged profile image68
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

I think most forum dwellers see it as very cheap, some major users in the celeb photo hub game have claimed rather low earnings.

If your to the point where you could write about anything try using:

Google Trends:

Twitter trends
    ebay pulse

The idea bank here at hubpages:

You can use other networks "calls for action" even if you never write for them smile

http://hubpages.com/hub/Writing-for-mon … nt-revenue

Yahoo buzz

Those photo hubs may bring a lot of traffic (comparatively) but that doesn't equate  to ad clicks, they come for photos, if you have photos they have no reason to click away anywhere else

also its not likely you can legitimately make such hubs without stealing photos from other artists and websites

1. Suspect20 profile image81
      Suspect20posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the feedback, this is pretty much the same impression I got and why I have tried avoiding it so far.  I appreciate the links.  I haven't been able to go through them as much as I'd like, but they look promising for some ideas when I get more spare time.

I seem to have a lot of ideas and things I want to share, but having a lot of trouble seeing a way for any organized page or hub to form from them.  Maybe I should try starting some and save them unpublished just to get my thoughts out on the screen.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

I don't see why you can't do a celebrity biography hub with a copyright-free image. I have done a few of favorite musicians and actors. Of course, they are not the ones with the highest scores and hover around the low 70s.

4. thisisoli profile image73
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

I ahve done a few Bollywood and a few Hollywood celebrity blogs & Hubpages. My overall experience is a lot of traffic, with generally low earnings.

Feel free to write them, you could for instance write about a celebrity to pull in traffic, then link to a hub about one of their films/cd's/etc to try and make a sale from the large traffic.

As far as Adsense income is concerned though, don't expect to make your millions with celebrity hubs!

5. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

I'm not sure celebrity Hubs are worth the effort.  For one thing, there is a LOT of competition already on the internet.  For another, if someone comes to your Hub to read about a celebrity, what are they looking to buy?  If they just want to read gossip, they're not going to be paying traffic.

The other thing is that if you're writing something topical about a celebrity - for instance, Tiger Woods' infidelity - you're up against all the news stations, and if Google is slow indexing your Hub, it will be all over before your Hub even gets noticed.