jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (22 posts)

How should I spend my 'holiday' Amazon affiliate earnings?

1. SimeyC profile image88
    SimeyCposted 7 years ago

Well this Holiday season I made a whopping 5 sales and $0.69 commission! How should I spend it?

1. emievil profile image84
      emievilposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You and I have the same problem. smile Mine already hit $5 this month.

2. kmackey32 profile image82
      kmackey32posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Oh I made 2 sales totaling $1.80.

3. mrpooper profile image44
      mrpooperposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Give it to charity and claim it on your taxes. Hopefully your deduction will be worthwhile

4. prettydarkhorse profile image66
      prettydarkhorseposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Oh Simey, I had my first three sales on lingeries and my commision is 4.05 USD,

SimeyCposted 7 years ago in reply to this

how about we all combine all earnings and throw a party - I figure we can afford two beers and fifty straws at the moment!!!

1. prettydarkhorse profile image66

your right Simey

2. starme77 profile image86
    starme77posted 7 years ago

all in one place , you'll get more that way smile

3. blondepoet profile image80
    blondepoetposted 7 years ago

So what is the actual figure here we are figuring out on how to spend? 70cents??? Is that US dollars?? Be right back I will go get my Aussie dollar convertor calculator and we will whip this one in the teeth.

4. MikeNV profile image77
    MikeNVposted 7 years ago

Well as soon as you make $100 Amazon does the "right thing" and pays you... well except for the $15 check fee.

In all my years of Affiliate Marketing I have yet to encounter a company that sticks it to affiliates like this... seriously A $15 FEE!!!

Once in a while I will have a company keep the postage as a deduction from earnings.  But this is just plain theft.

Add to this the 24 hour cookie and it's a wonder Amazon gets people to work for them at all... and the vast majority of affliates will never reach the threshold.

I still make money with them, but I do not emphasize them. It's more of an afterthought because hubpages makes it easy and on big ticket items you can make money.

While I realize the sarcasm in your message... too many people do not understand how Amazon works.

1. 0
      ryankettposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Set your payment threshold higher then, I have been ambitious and set mine at $1000.

1. Karina S. profile image60
        Karina S.posted 7 years ago in reply to this

$1000 per month?

2. SimeyC profile image88

I must be on an old scheme? I get a quarterly gift certificate - I guess if you choose to be paid in an Amazon certificate, they don't mind waiving the $15 fee! Lucky me eh - I get to buy some products I didn't really want instead of having money!

Amazon is OK - but they do seem to 'steal' a lot eh - I was a little annoyed when I sold a Kindle book and got zerp commission .....

5. thisisoli profile image64
    thisisoliposted 7 years ago

I had the Kindle Book problem, but I get paid by BACS in to an american account, so no cheque fee! I also made over $1000 so far this month on amazon, so won't be complaining anytime soon :p

6. adamareangere profile image79
    adamareangereposted 7 years ago

Buy me a present??!!

Joke big_smile

Get something good, like a new tv or something good. Those are .69 right?

LOL well I might pick one up for that amount in the sales - and as you asked politely I'll ask Santa to deliver it to you...!!!

7. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 7 years ago
  8. rmcrayne profile image95
    rmcrayneposted 7 years ago

I feel your pain Simey.  I haven't made any Amazon sales yet.

9. KCC Big Country profile image85
    KCC Big Countryposted 7 years ago

I'm hoping for one more Amazon sale.  With that one more sale I move up to 6.5% on everything sold this month versus 6.0%.  Now if someone will just buy a 50 ct diamond or something, I'll be set.  smile

10. chigoiyke profile image61
    chigoiykeposted 7 years ago

Smart prettydarkhorse. I just need to promote hot selling products on amazon with high commissions. all these cents are just too annoying when I see them.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image66

BTW, the products I chose to promote in my sites are lingeries but then it is not related to the article, LOL, I didnt bother to check my earnings for a month and then I was just curious yesterday, huh...

sometimes also when I am putting amazon to my articles, I just promote whatever I feel like selling there too,three pieces of lingeries which caused 110 dollars for the three items and the commission is almost 4 plus....

I need to learn more to earn here, next year I will do that I am just enjoying to write now,,,,

11. thisisoli profile image64
    thisisoliposted 7 years ago

Make sure your Amazon modules are related to make the most out of your hubs!

working