jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (12 posts)

Unsure about how to display?

1. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Hey Hubbers,

I am in need of some tips or ideas. I've got a great new idea for a Hub or Hub series and it's based on my subscription to Playboy magazine.

Before you get flustered- NO nudity, obviously because of TOS of Hubpages, but I have noticed that I need a little more variety to my Hubs.

So, I've come up with the idea of PLAYBOY Magazines "Raw Data" facts page. It displays about 10-12 facts from studies, past and present, and it expresses this data, to point out some of the funnier parts of our life. Such as, an example: I'll point out a couple- 95% of ALL Americans have Sex Before Marriage, and The number of Counties in Texas with no doctors: 27.

I am wondering about what would be good to display on a Hub...like One months worth? Or maybe two months at a time?

Or simply do an entire years worth in one Hub?

Please help. I'd like to know the pros and cons? Do you think it will cause good traffic? Is it a good idea?

I'm just not sure how to proceed? Actually, need help convincing myself that the trouble would be worth it in the long run?

Thank you so much for your help in advance.

Cagsil smile

1. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Be careful that how you reproduce material gleaned from them can't be interpreted as violating their copyrights.

1. 0
        lyricsingrayposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think it's a great idea but Relache has a very good point.

2. Ivorwen profile image84
    Ivorwenposted 6 years ago

Personally, I would put the statistics all in one hub, using the most relevant information.  I would split up the information by type, using different headlines.  I don't know how it will do with traffic, but statistics are something people search for.

Also, you can link to it and from it, as it is appropriate, so I doubt it would be a waste of time.

1. Cagsil profile image83
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you so very much Ivorwen. I'm grateful. smile

3. Richieb799 profile image64
    Richieb799posted 6 years ago

Sounds interesting, are you allowed to refer to the content in playboy magazines though?
    Will you include the centerfolds with clothes on?

Im pee-d off, my sexy xmas gifts hub got flagged, cause I wrote about durex play sad

4. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

I don't plan on showing any nudity on the Hub. I'm going to add tasteful pictures to go with the scope of Playboy. The Raw Data facts are a simple one-page sheet of short facts gathered by opinion polls, surveys and other resources Playboy has access to. I'm not even sure I plan on using the name Playboy in my title, but might in my description, which is the first capsule.

I'm just unsure as to how much work or what direction would be best to go. It's purely to get insight into other people's thinking, before I do the Hub and/or start of series of Hubs.

I was thinking of hosting two different months, Jan & Feb, on one Hub, then March & April, on the next in the series, and so on.

Please also note- my collection of Playboy is 19 Years complete, so there are alot of Raw Data Sheets, some might not be related or mean anything now, but could be viewed as funny, for how things were 20 years ago?

Do you see what I mean? So many different views or ways to go? smile

5. Richieb799 profile image64
    Richieb799posted 6 years ago

yeah you have plenty to work on then if you have that many copies, publish a few in an article, will make it easie to write then.
    You may get bored of it after a while, so you might as well.

6. adamareangere profile image80
    adamareangereposted 6 years ago

Good point to copyright infringement. But if you reword and take points from different months magazines and re-order them you should be fine. And also giving a shout out to Playboy at the end of your Hub doesn't hurt either.

Would spread it out if you have a nice backlog of information. Two months for one Hub, if you have a years worth that's a good six hubs!

1. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Really, the best thing would be to reference the actual sources.  You'll get greater credibility and avoid the "adult aura" that can be the kiss of death to a Hub.

7. OregonWino profile image83
    OregonWinoposted 6 years ago

I think that if you look at the facts you will see that Playboy is referencing studies that are public knowledge (usually ones from Universities or Govt. agencies.)  You should be fine as long as you reference the study it came from somewhere (footnotes etc.)

I think it is a great idea, I used to have a subscription and that was one of my favorite sections...

Good luck!

8. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Thank you everyone for the input. I'm still really focused on other Hubs I have that are part of different series, but just came up with this one and decided to get input before I went forward to lay plans to get them done.

And, yes - my collection consists of 19 years complete. So, yeah, there is a lot to reference.

I'm very grateful. smile