jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (15 posts)

Hub Promotion - Best Techniques?

1. Mike Rogers profile image59
    Mike Rogersposted 7 years ago

One of the reasons I'm working with hubs now rather than blogs is the time factor... I haven't got as much of it as I used to.

In that spirit, if anyone would like to share their hub promotion techniques (backlinks? social bookmarks? pinging? etc.) I'm an eager and appreciative listener.

Is traditional promotion even necessary for individual hubs? Has anyone has success w/o any self promotion at all?

Any input much appreciated... I'm just looking for the most efficient use of my limited time to get my pages ranked high in the Google SERPs outside of on-page and strength of venue factors.

Thanks,
    Mike

2. mcbean profile image84
    mcbeanposted 7 years ago

Hi Mike,

Check out Sunforged's hubs. He has quality info on all these topics. Mark Knowles and Relache are also great sources of info.

1. Karina S. profile image60
      Karina S.posted 7 years ago in reply to this

True, you can find a lot of good info.

2. profile image0
      BookFlameposted 7 years ago in reply to this

you bet!  they are tops!

3. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 7 years ago

also there are quite a few great threads in the Need Help forum.
    you can do a search on any of those words also at the top of the screen and will find lots of info. smile

welcome to HubPages.

4. darkside profile image80
    darksideposted 7 years ago

I publish related, but individual articles, and post them at different sites.

More chances of getting attention from Search Engines, and also tapping into fresh traffic.

what sites?

1. darkside profile image80
        darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I have a list of them here.

thank you

Great list,just checked, thanks again

5. bojanglesk8 profile image60
    bojanglesk8posted 7 years ago

Most of my traffic comes from posting my links on forums.

6. Mike Rogers profile image59
    Mike Rogersposted 7 years ago

Thanks for the input everyone.

It seems that hubs benefit from "good old fashioned" backlinking. Always a time consuming process, but similarly always well worth the effort in the end.

I've never tried social bookmarking campaigns, though the idea intrigues me. Anyone use social bookmarking exclusively for either traffic or rank?

7. thisisoli profile image55
    thisisoliposted 7 years ago

Since nearly all Social Bookmarking tools are no-follow they do little for SEO.

I always write more text, rather than spend time on social bookmarking tools.

1. Mike Rogers profile image59
      Mike Rogersposted 7 years ago in reply to this

That is an opinion we share, thisisoli. I played with social bookmarking a couple of years ago when it was the "latest thing" without much success. Lots of traffic, few conversions. Just wondered if anything had changed since.

I'm mostly focusing on improving the quality (and length) of my writing (I'm still somewhat stuck in 'affiliate marketer' sound bytes blog mode) and composing a workable backlink strategy for the long term.

8. PurpleOne profile image88
    PurpleOneposted 7 years ago

I'm currently trying to work on finding do follow forums and blogs to post a relevant link to my hubs or at least have an appropriate hub attached to my profile for that forum/blog.. it's definitely a challenge.

working