jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Detective Draws Gun At Washington D.C. Snowball Fight

1. manlypoetryman profile image70
    manlypoetrymanposted 6 years ago

In the News: Friendly little snowball fight in Washington D.C. has a Detective draw out his gun...and getting in at least one persons face. Oh, and there were children around. This guy has been given a desk job and had his badge taken away until further investigation. Unbelievable. Sarcasm comes to mind at the fact that this guy wasn't fired immediately...I mean what is he going to say in his defense?

I'm also wondering...if this guy ends up being dismissed...Is this going to be this guy's crowning acheivement...the day he decided to break up a Snowball fight? I mean...what on Earth was he thinking? Was this what he spent so many years becoming a Detective for ? Was he thinking: I am the defender of all who have been needlessly hit with a Snowball?

1. IntimatEvolution profile image82
      IntimatEvolutionposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I heard about this, what was he thinking.  He should not be a cop.  Apparently he lacks any common sense.

2. SweetiePie profile image82
    SweetiePieposted 6 years ago

Wow, maybe he just snapped!  There was a post office worker that went to work and started randomly shooting people, which lead to the term of going postal.

1. Mitch Rapp profile image59
      Mitch Rappposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think you may be right about that.

2. manlypoetryman profile image70
      manlypoetrymanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Good point...SP...Edmond, Oklahoma...August 20, 1986...disgruntled postal worker starts shooting his fellow co-workers in the Post Office he worked at.

1. hublim profile image80
        hublimposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Is that what the mean by a mail shot?

1. thisisoli profile image73
          thisisoliposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Wait till you see a postal strike, puts the US airforce to shame tongue

3. David Harvey profile image60
    David Harveyposted 6 years ago

I know they say, Don't take a knife to a gun fight. But what kind of drongo* takes a handgun to a snowball fight?

Drongo was the name of an Australian racehorse that, so I'm told, lost every horse race it entered. So "Drongo" nowadays just means a LOSER.

Some people should never be allowed to go near a gun, IMHO.