jump to last post 1-19 of 19 discussions (27 posts)

They say you learn something new every day...

1. DogSiDaed profile image59
    DogSiDaedposted 7 years ago

So what have you learnt today? smile

1. nyliram profile image60
      nyliramposted 7 years ago in reply to this

How to control my temper, when a stupid woman with a pile of kids, first tries to back into me. Then tries to head me off at the Checkout. (She then drops a tray of eggs ) Tells me I am paying for them. Told her where to go, get to another Store and the big horrible looking thing has pinched my park. The one I had been eyeing up for ages, waiting for the traffic to abate to get in there.  Christmas I am over the whole Commerciality.

2. dyonder profile image78
    dyonderposted 7 years ago

Patience - an ongoing lesson. Just when I think I get, arrrgghhh

3. dejajolie profile image59
    dejajolieposted 7 years ago

If you think it can't get worst, you probably lack imagination.

4. DogSiDaed profile image59
    DogSiDaedposted 7 years ago

Beaut. I learnt the true meaning of 'going postal', and that Mike Patton is in Mr Bungle.

More mundane, but nevertheless interesting tongue

1. profile image0
      Justine76posted 7 years ago in reply to this

your welcome
      I learned I have friends. smile

5. profile image0
    Smooth as Silkposted 7 years ago

Hmmm....It's only 10:30 in the morning, but I've already learned that there really isn't any stress if you don't give a shit.  Does that count?  lol

6. profile image0
    Poppa Bluesposted 7 years ago

I think that's more a goal rather than a fact.

7. profile image0
    Smooth as Silkposted 7 years ago

Ok how about this then.  I was quickly reminded this morning that drinking way too much Jack Daniels makes you feel like shit in the morning.

1. profile image0
      Poppa Bluesposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Ah you see you were REMINDED, it's something you obviously already knew but decided to ignore! Still it seemed like a good idea at the time, right? wink

2. profile image0

not if you have some more

1. profile image0
        Smooth as Silkposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You're right!  I just did a couple shots, and now I'm ready to go.

1. profile image0

smile

8. Mike Rogers profile image60
    Mike Rogersposted 7 years ago

That cookies make an awesome breakfast wink

9. ngureco profile image84
    ngurecoposted 7 years ago

I have learnt that nobody knows who first said the quote, "you learn something new everyday”.

10. manlypoetryman profile image76
    manlypoetrymanposted 7 years ago

I had a boss once who always liked to say "You learn something new everyday...and sometimes at night!" hmm

11. profile image0
    ralwusposted 7 years ago

I learned this morning that Hubpages was fuccked up with glitches and I had to return to redo all my comments on hubs, can't remember them all. grrrr

12. docrehab profile image60
    docrehabposted 7 years ago

I learned more stuffs about SEO

1. atil profile image61
      atilposted 7 years ago in reply to this

"stuffs" is good to know.

13. elayne001 profile image50
    elayne001posted 7 years ago

I learned that my granddaughter can't handle the sight of blood. She cut her finger on a cookie cutter and fainted and hit her head on the wall. Who knew. Now she is resting with a bump on her head.

14. double_frick profile image79
    double_frickposted 7 years ago

coconut oil kills flu virus! <3

15. yoshi97 profile image87
    yoshi97posted 7 years ago

I learned we often misjudge those we take the least time to understand ...

16. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 7 years ago

I didn't know a Koala wasn't a bear. Thanks earnest! smile

1. nyliram profile image60
      nyliramposted 7 years ago in reply to this

What is it then. Its Australian I just live accross the ditch and I thought it was a Bear. Hope its not a snake or a dragon.

17. itech profile image57
    itechposted 7 years ago

Keep Patience

18. Lita C. Malicdem profile image60
    Lita C. Malicdemposted 7 years ago

I learned very recently that no matter how careful you are with yourself, things beyond our control happen when you least expect them.

Last December 20, a Sunday, I was singing with my parish choir for the midnight mass when my left arm grew prickly numb. I thought of finishing the song but a sort of electric current crawled from my arm up to my left chest.  I decided to stop, took a seat, and massaged my arm, not wanting to stir attention.

But the sensation was there, very intimidating. For a split seconds I panicked, but somehow I was relieved by my fellow choir members after the song. After a good rest, I proceeded home, but the attack came again before we even reached the church door.

I landed in our local hospital. For the first time, I learned I have non-specific heart condition- heart not bad but not also good. I'm just lucky I was with friends in church. Take care fellow hubbers! Merry Christmas!

19. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 7 years ago

I learned today that the earthbag walls I restacked after the last near-hurricane winds are a lot sturdier.  At least they seem to be holding up so far, and those winds today/tonight are sumpin' else! big_smile

working