jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Single writers get the holiday blues,,,,,

1. Bill Manning profile image69
    Bill Manningposted 6 years ago

This is just a little message to all singles out there on the holidays. Many singles get the holiday blues as they see happy families and their kids planning their nice big holiday plans.

Singles that work at home and write online like I do feel even more alone as they don't have co-workers to talk to. So they feel even more isolated and left out.

So for all of you single writers at home feeling the blues, your not alone. I moved to Florida by myself to get away from the cold of Vermont.

So I have no family here for the holidays. But I'm still happy to be here than up there freezing my holiday butt off! I'll spend the weekend with a few friends and that's about it.

Don't think your the only one feeling down while everyone else seems so darn happy. Holiday blues affects even families as the hype never matches the real holiday.

Try to get together with friends if your single, call your family if you live far away and remember it's okay to feel a bit down when everyone else wants you to be merry. Your not alone. Happy holidays! smile

2. heart4theword profile image61
    heart4thewordposted 6 years ago

I remember when I was single and alone one holiday, it was horrible.  Your right, reaching out on the phone helps.  Finding some music, baking some cookies, having some hot chocolate, and getting out your pen and paper, or your drawing pad and pencil.

I hope and pray you do have a very Merry Christmas with your friends, and nice weather!  And Happy New Year:)

3. DogSiDaed profile image61
    DogSiDaedposted 6 years ago

I'm single, but I'm with my family all this week and until Boxing day, and it's great smile

4. donotfear profile image91
    donotfearposted 6 years ago

Remember, just becuase somebody is married or in a relationship doesn't mean they don't feel the Christmas blues, doesn't mean they don't feel ALONE. How about I send a message to all those committed folks out there who still feel alone?  I understand and acknowledge the difficulty for ALL individuals who feel a sense of "aloneness" at this time....