So i constantly wonder what are the best types of photos you should use in your hubs. Just like video and the text capsules, photo capsules are an important element in the overall hub composition. They certainly make a hub a lot more interesting than just pure text... Here are some of my thoughts on what i think help make good photos for use in a hub:
- good lighting, sharp image quality
- Non offensive or shocking images (it's good to be eye-catching, but is often too easy for an image to become inappropriate...a fine line my friends, a fine line.)
- Good representation of the topic or sub-theme of the topic you are writing about (i.e. if you are creating a hub about cleaning sneakers, a shot of a specialized sneaker scrubbing tool is a good image to use)
- Originality - when you use a photo that doesn't look stock, but rather that it has some originality to it, it adds a great element of authenticity and personal touch to your hub. (i'm not saying make it look amateurish - you want it to be professional quality...but a touch of original/personal style is good)
Any other thoughts/tips from the master hubbers out there?
- Size Matters. An image that is too big, resizes fine. But if you upload one that is smaller than 260 pixels wide for a Photo Capsule that has been moved to the right, or 520 for a full sized Photo Capsule, it will stretch and pixelate. And make a hub look cheap and nasty.
by Paul Edmondson4 years ago
We've been talking about leading photos in the forums and while it's not just about having a leading photo, it's about having a really great leading photo. We recommend this because we see these photos get shared...
by Mary McShane23 months ago
I just got this email. Is terminating your account normal if you don't have any sales or referrals in 90 days????Hello,Thanks again for joining the Amazon Associates program. We’re reaching out to you because we...
by Tranquilheart3 years ago
I went into one of my older hubs to add a photo and got this message:"It looks like some images in this capsule appear to be reduced in size. Note that saving any changes made to this capsule will update the size...
by Sarra Garrett4 years ago
Since I was turned down by HP regarding their apprenticeship program due to the fact that "you don't write well enough" (I so wish I didn't delete that email) yet I'm still allowed to write hubs which...
by Robin Edmondson22 months ago
Pssst! HubPages is announcing an exciting new service today— check it out in our blog.
by Catherine Giordano13 months ago
I opted in to Hub Pro and I just had my first edit. Nothing was changed except to remove three of my four amazon capsules and remove links to other websites that I included to provide supporting evidence for my claims....
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.