jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Good Photos For Hubs

1. Ren Chin profile image87
    Ren Chinposted 6 years ago

So i constantly wonder what are the best types of photos you should use in your hubs.  Just like video and the text capsules, photo capsules are an important element in the overall hub composition.  They certainly make a hub a lot more interesting than just pure text... Here are some of my thoughts on what i think help make good photos for use in a hub:

- good lighting, sharp image quality
    - Non offensive or shocking images (it's good to be eye-catching, but is often too easy for an image to become inappropriate...a fine line my friends, a fine line.)

- Good representation of the topic or sub-theme of the topic you are writing about (i.e. if you are creating a hub about cleaning sneakers, a shot of a specialized sneaker scrubbing tool is a good image to use)

- Originality - when you use a photo that doesn't look stock, but rather that it has some originality to it, it adds a great element of authenticity and personal touch to your hub. (i'm not saying make it look amateurish - you want it to be professional quality...but a touch of original/personal style is good)

Any other thoughts/tips from the master hubbers out there?

2. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 6 years ago

- Size Matters. An image that is too big, resizes fine. But if you upload one that is smaller than 260 pixels wide for a Photo Capsule that has been moved to the right, or 520 for a full sized Photo Capsule, it will stretch and pixelate. And make a hub look cheap and nasty.

1. Ren Chin profile image87
      Ren Chinposted 6 years ago in reply to this

good one.

2. 0
      lyricsingrayposted 6 years ago in reply to this

So true.