jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Starting out sequence

1. Heather Fletcher profile image59
    Heather Fletcherposted 7 years ago

I'm just starting out and I've done my SEO research. I realize I need not just Hub Pages but also some Ezine articles, a web site and at least one blog. This is a lot all at one time. What do you consider to be the best sequence for doing these things? What comes first? Or is it better to do a little bit of each until a decent body of content has been built up?
    And while I'm asking - to what extent can content on Hubpages, Ezine and a website and blog be repeated? Verbatim? With some re-wording? Don't even think about it?
    Thanks
    Heather Fletcher

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

don't even think about it!

I wouldn't be in a hurry to start your own blog or website. There's no point in starting a blog/website on just any old subject - it needs to be focussed on something specific.  So write more Hubs on a variety of subjects.  Wait a few months until they start getting good traffic from search engines (not just from Hubbers). That way you'll discover what your money-making subjects are. 

You can then either delete the Hubs on that subject and transfer the content to your site, or keep them and add links to your site, and write new material.

2. sunforged profile image63
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

First write 25 Hubpages

Than start a blogspot blog, write a little teaser and make a link to each of your hubs within the blog as posts

I recommend using backlink sites like xomba,shetoldme etc. for each of the hubs and than do it again for each of the backlinks

I would hold off on starting my own "website"

Than you can start to article market if you desire (ezine articles) why wait until last? because the article sites usually allow you to put multiple links in your resource box.

If you do all that, you will have 150 different locations to earn adsense from, with 8-25 extra pages getting traffic or backlinks (the ezine articles).

Starting a blog, reusing content and getting paid backlinks are topics I like to cover.

eZine articles is explained well by Dale Manzarek (spelling?)

use unique content for every single suggestion above, if you know the topic after making the hubs, you should have no issue writing short unique 200 character or so blurbs for most of those sources.

Good Luck

3. Marisa Wright profile image94
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

It's Mazurek (I think). Listen to Sunforged - he's saying basically the same thing as me, with some additions and in much greater detail. And he knows what he's talking about far more than I do!

1. sunforged profile image63
      sunforgedposted 7 years ago in reply to this

We were writing at the same time, i just took 7 minutes to do it apparently, if i had seen your response i wouldnt even have answered as it covers all the bases.

OP, of course there is no magic formula or number, you wanted a sequence, so i made one up for you. It would work as a good primer to get you comfortable w/ your options though.

basically, get a block of writing done here, then do promotion in blocks...repeat

4. sunforged profile image63
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

and i meant 200 word

5. Heather Fletcher profile image59
    Heather Fletcherposted 7 years ago

Thank you very much Sunforged and Marisa. That is great guidance and I'll take your advice.
    Heather

working