jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (18 posts)

Language or content ?

1. itech profile image54
    itechposted 7 years ago

When you read any article, what matters you more: writing skills, author's proper language or it's aim of writing.
    Aim Means : The content in the article & on what the article reference to...

If the author is not good in language & he/she use simple words of language to represent on what topic/situation/conditions he/she is writing or reference to...

What are your views?
    hmm cool

1. yoshi97 profile image87
      yoshi97posted 7 years ago in reply to this

That's a difficult one to answer, as all parts make up the whole. However, for me a writer must carry me with their words. After all, a TV is a TV, but a revolutionary communications device that keeps you in touch with the world is a horse of another color. wink

2. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Both matter to me.

3. Cagsil profile image60
      Cagsilposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I evaluate the article based on what I got from it and how it was presented. smile

2. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 7 years ago

Writing skills and interesting topic.

3. itech profile image54
    itechposted 7 years ago

Now, You want to answer in one word that you mostly preferred.

1) Language Skills,
    or
    2) Content

1. tantrum profile image61
      tantrumposted 7 years ago in reply to this

No ! I don't want to answer in one word !

1. itech profile image54
        itechposted 7 years ago in reply to this

That's Better yikes

1. tantrum profile image61
          tantrumposted 7 years ago in reply to this

how can it be better, if it's not what you want ? yikes

lol

2. yoshi97 profile image87

You've labeled them in the order that they matter, but you can't negate either one - and both are separated by a thin margin.

All the pretty words in the world won't sell an audience without great content and poor language skills won't sell them either.

I.E. Poor Language Skills - Teh Blak N Dekker Powr Dril is is a grate tule fer eny job. With fiev excelent setings that alow U to perfirm any job wid easy.

I.E. Poor Content - I really like the Black and Decker Power Drill. It has so many settings that do miraculous things. Why, I remember the day my grandfather took me to the store and first showed it to me. We spent hours with the gentleman in Sears talking about grandma's peach cobbler pies when I saw it staring at me from across the aisle and instantly fell in love!

To sum it up ... you can't speak intelligibly without moving air from your lungs and then moving your mouth in such a way to form the words. The same goes for articles ... You can't communicate your ideas intelligibly if you don't chose good words and write good content about your topic.

That's why you can't separate the two and give all of your weight to one or the other. smile

1. Lita C. Malicdem profile image66
        Lita C. Malicdemposted 7 years ago in reply to this

[]

I have one simple answer, language skills and content are inseparable, I guess. You can't be a successful writer without both.

1. itech profile image54

Lita & Yoshi your answers are also true. But I was testing that did your mind have focus on one thing or not.
          You both keep up two or more ways(choices) while doing any work(inclusion: Reading others article also) that's the better.

1. yoshi97 profile image87

When presented that way my answer does offset what I originally proposed.

My first concern is always content ... getting the right information and verifying all of my facts. From there, I ponder over how to present the material (layout and form) and then I do my best to work the vocab from the rough draft to make it more enticing to the reader.

So, while I do see language skills as more important, my primary focus is the content as I build my hubs.

It's odd how we think we believe one way, but then our actual performance proves another, eh? smile

1. itech profile image54

This is the nearly the perfect answer and good to see that first your concern is on content.

4. Casper021 profile image60
    Casper021posted 7 years ago

i think content for me as there are many smart people out ther who do not speack english

1. itech profile image54

You fully picked up my point.

5. aefrancisco profile image60
    aefranciscoposted 7 years ago

- gee . i guess they come hand in hand. smile

6. DeeBee3 profile image59
    DeeBee3posted 7 years ago

If it's something that I am really interested in, I will try and muddle through it however bad the writing is, but overall badly spelt articles with poor grammar and little in the way of punctuation is a real turn off.

working