jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Creative Commons Licences

1. mel22 profile image59
    mel22posted 7 years ago

Does anyone use them on HubPages? If so then also, how do you add them because the code is generated as HTML and last I knew we can't access the Source code. Is there a way to add into a photo or link capsule?

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Why do you want to use it? 

You can't make a clickable banner because you can't use HTML, as you've found.  You can use the banner in a photo capsule as an image.  You can also create a text link under it, in a text or links capsule. 

HubPages can't allow us to use the clickable banner because it would allow people to put clickable advertising banners in their Hubs, which would open the door even wider for spammers.

2. mel22 profile image59
    mel22posted 7 years ago

Anyone?

3. sunforged profile image74
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

Whats the difficulty? take the link from the html code and create a text link using link or text capsule?

Which attribution are you referring too?

4. mel22 profile image59
    mel22posted 7 years ago

yeah. i've gotten to that conclusion and seperating the clickable button(banner) from the link would seperate the html code in the meta where it needs to be to show  proof. Well, thanks for the input anyway. It was for a larger work which I did not publish yet so I'll leave it to paper for now. Like you say then people would post their own seperate AdSense snippets to the hub so its not allowable umless seperating the image from the link. The other ones I saw must have been strictly the logo or seperated as you said.

5. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

I'm not sure how I feel about Creative Commons ilcences anyway, as I'm not sure too many people understand what it means.  In fact, I just discovered I didn't fully understand the detail of one version. I just put "All text copyright Marisa Wright" on the end of my Hubs, because I reckon most people would understand that.

6. mel22 profile image59
    mel22posted 7 years ago

I was looking for the most restrictive in my case rather than the simple attributable licences that would show in the meta data and be searchable on CC works search engines ( such as  lab work and college thesis' are )theses? I have part of the work in a text editor and want to incorporate parts into a  Hub but I am not willing to if I can't get that most restrictive licence in the metadata so i'll refrain from using it.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I'm not familiar with how CC licenses work in academia - I see your point now.  I guess you would need to put it on your own site or nothing, in that case.

working