jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Please review my hub!

1. G Miah profile image83
    G Miahposted 6 years ago

I have been a hubber for four weeks now, and they're doing well, but i think now is the time to ask you to view my hub and let me know where i can improve.

I would like you to review these hubs:

About Him
    About Him 2 - The Introduction
    About Him 3 - Last look back

Please inform me of your thoughts, thank you in advance!

2. chigoiyke profile image60
    chigoiykeposted 6 years ago

Hey miah, I think you are doing fine. I get bombarded almost every day with notifications of your hub and I think you are doing so nicely. Keep it up. With the way you are going, you will atain more than 100 hubs soonest. I will get to peep at some of your hubs now

G Miahposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Chigoyike!

I have planned on writing one every day if i can. I have got a long list of ideas, so no holding back!

Thanks again, let me know what you think of the 'About Him' series, i am really enjoying myself writing them. The fourth instalment will hopefully be in by the end of the week!

3. moanalisa profile image61
    moanalisaposted 6 years ago

Hi, G Miah, and welcome to HubPages!

I enjoyed reading the series you presented. Before I say anything, I am by no means the appropriate critic for this, but I am happy to impart with you my impressions and hope that it helps.

First off, as this seems to be an auto-biography, I am not so certain that placing it within the "home & family" category is really the right place for it, although it does fit in many ways. I struggle with writing that as it does relate in many aspects, however on a more indirect level. If the title were different, that alone might make it more relevant to me. Perhaps relocating this series to the "creative writing" category, and then create a hub that directly relates to the "home & family" category referencing to those would be better. In the Hub to "home & family", perhaps you can address issues such as relocating a child to a different culture and being removed from family for the sake of education.

The first of the series feels a bit on the short side to me. If you could expand on it, make it about half again as long, I think it would bring in more substance as long as it's well-written.

If you'd like further in-depth critique, please feel free to write to me. I think you're off to an excellent start, but it's the matter of tying them all together to make it all work.

Best regards!

Thank you Moanalisa for your constructive criticism. I did think at one point that the first 'About Him' is very short, and so i have extended the ones after.

Your recommendation to change from 'home and family' to 'creative writing' is a very good one, but initially i thought because it is to do with home and family i will categorise it as that.

I will look into editing it once again, and thank you very much for your review.

4. kj8 profile image60
    kj8posted 6 years ago

I look forward to the 4th one. I am not in a position to give a critique but the story so far has got me wanting to read more!

That sounds great! It has become very popular, so i will get started on the fourth one.

There's so many things to write about, i don't think it will ever end! 30 years of life chnaging circumstances, and the third one is about when he was only six years old!

Thanks for your feedback!