jump to last post 1-17 of 17 discussions (18 posts)

Xomba - how do you use it?

1. Richieb799 profile image67
    Richieb799posted 6 years ago

I just use this site to bookmark my hubs, I don't like the layout of it, I just add a small part of information about my hubs
    seems to be working as Ive started noticing quite a few views on my hubs stats from that site

2. 59
    beh076posted 6 years ago

Xomba is pretty easy to use, the layout is different from Hubpages. They catagorize two types of articles Xombytes 150 words or more and Xomblurbs 50 words. Links to other sites will appear in your articles advertising products unlike Hubpages. I am new to Hubpages but have been posting on Xomba for about six months.

3. fishtiger58 profile image82
    fishtiger58posted 6 years ago

I just bookmark my hubs as well using the xomblurbs posting.

4. PurpleOne profile image88
    PurpleOneposted 6 years ago

I bookmarked all of my sites on Xomba. I've received a few hits so far but nothing too earth shattering although my traffic isn't great anyway! A lot of people on here seem to really like Xomba so I decided to give it a try. Like you, I don't like the layout of the site but maybe they'll improve it over time..

5. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

I don't use it smile

6. easyspeak profile image80
    easyspeakposted 6 years ago

Only use it for backlinks.  I get barely any traffic from it.

7. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

I have decided to try xomba out.  I have heard some pretty bad things about it recently though so i am not putting much effort in to it just yet!

8. 78
    kakinposted 6 years ago

I have just recently posted an article with them, but for linking purposes, it seems that they just slap the nofollow. Now i'm thinking to use them just for the ad money, but only if traffic looks good.

9. elayne001 profile image46
    elayne001posted 6 years ago

I have put links to my hubs on it, but notice only a few hits.

10. OregonWino profile image85
    OregonWinoposted 6 years ago

I have been using them for a couple of weeks now and get around 20% of my non-hubpages traffic from them.  I agree that the layout leaves a lot to be desired, but since they are so easy to use AND free I will continue to post my stuff there.

11. itech profile image58
    itechposted 6 years ago

I have an account on that,
    don't know if used it or not.

12. thisisoli profile image71

Remember that unless your Xomba account is getting Google Search traffic, the Xomba traffic will be as poorly converting as Hubpages Traffic!

13. Papajon profile image90
    Papajonposted 6 years ago

I've also put up a couple of blurbs but have since noticed that links convert to nofollow after a while so I'm not sure I'll keep it up unless the blurbs themselves do better in the rankings. There is another long thread on this very point.

14. Kapalbility02 profile image61
    Kapalbility02posted 6 years ago

I link my Hubs to Xomblurbs, My Xomblurbs to my Lenses and Lenses to Hubs.

15. thisisoli profile image71

Yeah the no-follow thing makes xomba pretty much worthless for simple bookmarking.

I am planning on writing a set of articles to pull in some organic Google traffic so I can pull in some more customers!

16. sunforged profile image68
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

the xomba layout is amazing for adsense,my Clickthrough rates are 20% higher than here at hubpages

the links start dofollow and change to nofollow at some arbitrary time.

usually the first week the blurb is posted at xomba I see a couple of hundred visits per blurb

i have a hub that explains in more detail how i suggest to use xomba and shetoldme

use your keyword tools in selecting titles and blurb copy and you will enjoy another super easy stream of profit

1. OregonWino profile image85
      OregonWinoposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I am not getting anywhere near that amount of traffic per hub, but it is decent traffic none the less and I will take what I can get!

17. Ivorwen profile image84
    Ivorwenposted 6 years ago

I have been using the blurbs, and while I don't get much traffic from Xomba I have been getting more traffic overall.