jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

1. lightheart profile image59
    lightheartposted 8 years ago

I have a free e-book, I have an aWeber autoresponder, and I have a website...how can I give away my free book from my Hub article?

2. Inspirepub profile image88
    Inspirepubposted 8 years ago

You can't give away a free eBook FROM a Hub - think of it as being like an article on an article site.

What you do is write some good, useful, original content that is related in some way to the content of your eBook - but not copied from anywhere. Original. And good.

Then you include the free eBook as one of the resources or references.

You can do this by making a text link in a text capsule (highlight, click the chain, enter URL of your website), or by adding a "links" capsule.

Be aware that HubPages frowns on making Hubs purely to promote another site. And don't make multiple links to your site - more than 2 in any one Hub will get you penalised.

If you don't give enough good quality original content, and just appear to be using HubPages to promote your other site, you risk being banned.

1. Greg from Maine profile image77
      Greg from Maineposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Your entire reply was excellent advice Jenny. The only thing I would add to the above statement is that even if you aren't banned, without good quality content, you will be ineffective and won't accomplish your goal. As you stressed, good quality content is key.

3. lightheart profile image59
    lightheartposted 8 years ago

Thank you that was excellent information.  I just want to be able to give away my book, it is only 41 pages, and too big for a Hub Page.  I appreciate you explaining the risks.  I love Hub Pages and I certainly don't want to be banned.  My intention is only to serve the community with excellent information.