jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (18 posts)

~ Hubbers Unwritten Laws.

1. Hammers13 profile image60
    Hammers13posted 7 years ago

Dear Seasoned Hubbers

Us keen 'Noobs' (newbie) Hubbers were wondering if we could hear from experienced Hubbers, about if there are any unwritten laws for Hub Pages?

All strong & flourishing communities seem to have their own general unwritten laws, (& can be some of the most important ones) & from initial impressions, it seems that there is a great writing community present here. So, along with it, it's strongly suspected that there may be some U.L's for Noobs to imbibe.

Now if this is the case, because they are U.Ls, they can generally not be spoken/written about but rather picked up in more subtle ways.

So...if any exp. Hubbers feel they would like to pass on an U.L. to us 'Noobs', then maybe it could be done with the use of a riddle or Morse-code or any other creative & unwritten ways.

Happy Chrissy.

Hammers.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image64
      prettydarkhorseposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Merry Christmas to you too,

None that I know of,

I could only think of "RESPECT" should be accorded everybody specially in the forum, somtimes things got nasty but then you just have a choice not to join forums of your choice, and you can share your opinions but be 'respectful" at all times,,

WELCOME, and may you have more fun here at HP

2. thisisoli profile image62
    thisisoliposted 7 years ago

There are unwritten laws, but we wont tell you till you break them tongue

1. Haunty profile image84
      Hauntyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yes, and even then we will only tell you that it's too late to make amends as you'll have broken an U.L. An U.L., man! Do you know what that means here? wink

3. kirstenblog profile image77
    kirstenblogposted 7 years ago

I don't think this one is written anywhere but a good one is this: Don't promote your hubs, promote yourself instead! big_smile

4. Beth100 profile image82
    Beth100posted 7 years ago

Welcome to HP.  As with all communities, there are always ULs.  As Prettydarkhorse stated, RESPECT is the greatest of them all.  Be honest, truthful and have a sense of humor. Enjoy yourself here at HP!

5. Haunty profile image84
    Hauntyposted 7 years ago

Yeah, and you may have noticed that there are two factions here at hp. One of them is of those who use avatars with their pets in them (dogs, cats, horses, giraffes), the other is of those who don't. On certain days of the week, the people with the pets avatars can be trusted, while on other days the members of the other faction are trustworthy. You have to figure out the days yourself though.

Oh and one more thing - you can't trust both of them at the same time, but since people keep changing their avatars and so their factions, be very careful with reading older posts.

6. Pearldiver profile image87
    Pearldiverposted 7 years ago

Thanks for Asking.... Everyone seems to have neglected to tell you that the 2010 Xmas Party Fund starts again on Dec 26th 2009.

What that means is.... that every time you don't answer a question or request made of you during the next twelve months.. you will be required to donate $5.00 to the fund.

Please make sure that you check your emails after 26/12, as I'm sure you will have several requests made of you.

Actually, I'd like to ask you one now!
    "What do you think about that huh?"

BTW.. Welcome to HP Good Luck with your writing smile
    (You'll need to make some bucks for the xmas party lol)

7. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

Also wink got to know when somebody is pulling your leg, lol

1. Pearldiver profile image87
      Pearldiverposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Shhhhh Gin..... He's an Ozie lol
      You have a good one m'lady smile

8. Dame Scribe profile image61

Thank you, PearlD smile hope you having a wonderful time, don't chase the ladies under the mistletoe too much wink

No worries about that DS there aren't Any Ladies in BumbleTown lol

1. Dame Scribe profile image61
        Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago in reply to this

O please lol are you looking at them or hiding wink lol

You know me toooooo well mate lol

9. Bill Manning profile image72
    Bill Manningposted 7 years ago

I'm still new but this forum seems to be pretty open and relaxed. At first I was surprised at all the post about religion, sex and so on here.

Most forums shy away from that stuff and even ban them. But they seem to almost love them here,lol! Even the adult forums I belong to stay away from some of the subjects you find here.

Just treat everyone with respect, NEVER make a link to your own website or blog ( I learned that the hard way) and don't get pissed if others don't share your point of view. smile

10. Haunty profile image84
    Hauntyposted 7 years ago

And don't promote your own writing in the forum.

11. Dame Scribe profile image61

Just stand under the mistletoe, PD wink hehe

12. Hammers13 profile image60
    Hammers13posted 7 years ago

Some Very Cool & Swift Forum Lovin' goin on in here here Guys!

Some interestin' unwritten laws too.

Now...How do I add ya all ta my fan-list at once?

Ciao,

Hammers.

working