jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

People never fail to appall me

1. NaomiR profile image86
    NaomiRposted 6 years ago

I just got the nastiest comment on one of my hubs, which is this feel-good piece. I don't know why this surprises me after all of the time I've spent online, but I guess I figured since it's the holidays and everything, that people would be a little kinder. It just really annoyed me after a busy day. Grrr.....

1. ncmonroe1981 profile image62
      ncmonroe1981posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ahh Naomi, that sucks, and I'm sorry to hear about it. Try not to take it personally. I'm reminded of some wonderful advice from my favorite aunt:

People who behave like that are more to be pitied than to be despised.

I know how you feel, it's easy be angry. But don't let that other person's negative feelings affect you. There's some reason they aren't able to be in touch with their "feel good," and if we knew what it was, we'd probably feel bad.

Have a Merry Christmas anyway!

2. Lady_E profile image82
      Lady_Eposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well, I hope this Xmas - people never fail to appreciate you. smile

2. Oona Seckar profile image60
    Oona Seckarposted 6 years ago

There are mean peeps everywhere, who need to take out their inadequacies on others.  It says more about them than it does about you.

3. earnestshub profile image87
    earnestshubposted 6 years ago

i have a little saying that I apply to this situation I learnt from transactional analysis.
    "What others think of me is none of my business."
    it is true in many cases that the problem is theirs, not yours. smile
    Merry Xmas!

4. Nell Rose profile image91
    Nell Roseposted 6 years ago

Hiya, do you know why people make horrible comments? Whether it be on your hubs or in everyday life. It is because they are JEALOUS!! I have learned this all my life, and admit to being a bitch now and again. I have never been a nasty person, so when I do bitch I try to analyse It afterwards. And I have discovered that the only reason is why people bitch is because they are jealous. No other reason, zilch, caput no no. Trust me, in a sense it is a upside down compliment. They are to thick to comlpliment you, so they bitch. Simple as that. You must have written something really really good to pee them of. Well done!!

5. NaomiR profile image86
    NaomiRposted 6 years ago

LOL, I like your thinking, Nell!