jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

We're getting spammed a lot today

1. 0
    Audreveaposted 6 years ago

What's the thinking behind that? Is it that they think the forums and chatrooms will be unmonitored today?

1. brimancandy profile image84
      brimancandyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Some people can spam, without knowing that they are spamming.
      What some people think is spam, might have a totally different meaning to someone else.

For example. I enjoy eating kentucky fried chicken.
      Or, is this spam. I recommend eating at kentucky fried chicken
      Spam. kentucky fried chicken dot com. or. KFC dot com.

I picked that, because I don't really care for it. It's greasy, and you don't get what you pay for. I went into one once, and there was only one guy doing everything. needless to say, I walked out of there and went to the restaraunt next door.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

Because spammers are the scum of the earth smile

1. kirstenblog profile image79
      kirstenblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

lol Hubby goes mental over spam emails! I don't pay them no mind, they are like ticks in the woods, not a damn thing you can do about those blood suckers! But yes they are blood suckers! Ick.

3. brimancandy profile image84
    brimancandyposted 6 years ago

I have a donation ad at another website. I say in the ad that I do not give out my personal information, and I do not want to receive business deals or checks. Only Pay Pal donations.

I swear I get 10 emails a day from companies trying to get me to sign on to their money making schemes. People wanting my full contact information, even though I send them an email telling them I don't do that, it just opens me up for 10 more.

I don't mind someone spamming a link to their hub. but, when someone sends you 10 emails a week from the same company using a different name. That's irritating. I consider that spam.

I guess when you place yourself an a website that can be viewed by millions of people. You set yourself up for it. I'll never place an ad on that site again. I'll tell you that.