jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

why do hubpages admin need my ad sense account details ?

1. 0
    veeshposted 8 years ago

I have an ad sense account  and earn money on different web sites through it . How ever on none of the web sites i had to submit my ad sense account details like last 5 digits of my phone number or my postal code . All i had to do was to submit my ad sense publisher id . No details of any sort were required . I am just curious to know why hubpages requires these details . If this problem is resolved i would really like to start posting .

2. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

So they can add your id to your pages - so you can earn money. And hubpages only require your ad sense id. Or do you think they require something else?

1. 0
      veeshposted 8 years ago in reply to this

hmmm .I thought all you needed for revenue sharing was ad sense publisher id submission , which would be linked to my account resulting in ads served with my ad sense id . Maybe hubguys are using some other kind of algorithm to put up google ads .

3. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 8 years ago

Google actually requires that we pass that information to them in order to associate your adsense account with HubPages, through the AdSense API.   It's how they verify that you are probably who you say you are before proceeding to do a more robust verification directly on the adsense site and/or via email.   The only thing we actually store is your AdSense id.