jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (14 posts)

Hub Rank

1. scarlton profile image78
    scarltonposted 6 years ago

I had many non exclusive articles that I transferred from AC. I know that duplicate content will lower your scores. I just want to know some ways to promote my content (within the rules of HubPages) to get my ranking up. Thanks for any help!

1. OregonWino profile image84
      OregonWinoposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You need to create some unique material.  Hubpages wants to be a place that creates new material, not an indexing or storage site.  There is a place for both but you need to write some original hubs

2. Marisa Wright profile image91
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If it's duplicate content, no amount of promoting will improve your ranking. It's original content or nothing, I'm afraid.

If you've deleted them from AC, then the duplicate penalty will eventually disappear and your ranking will go up.

3. scarlton profile image78
      scarltonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks everyone for your replys!
      I have duplicate content as well as original. Would it be best to unpublish all of the duplicates until I can re-write them, or just keep them published and re-write as I go. (I have been doing this and the flags on most hubs are disappearing.)

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 6 years ago

If you have a lot of duplicate content, your score is going to heavily penalized no matter what you do.  HubPages does not want unoriginal material and they say so upfront.

3. 79
    kakinposted 6 years ago

You'll probably need to rewrite the articles. Not as much work as you think, I have done it before. If you know your articles well you should be able to rewrite them while keeping the overall structure and flow intact.

Good luck with that.

1. scarlton profile image78
      scarltonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, that's what I am working on!

4. mp3crunch profile image75
    mp3crunchposted 6 years ago

The only way is to write the unique content as far as possible. If you are able to do that your hub score will automatically high

5. Rik Ravado profile image92
    Rik Ravadoposted 6 years ago

While there are things you can do to improve your hub score, it is still a bit of a black art.  Why my hubber score is currently 100 is a mystery to me (as I write this it will probably drop to around 95!). 
    Generally, although it is good to improve your scores the precise value of both hubscore and hubber score shouldn't be taken too seriously.  Traffic and AdSense earnings are a more practical measures of 'success'!

1. lorlie6 profile image84
      lorlie6posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Congrats on your elusive 100!

6. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

nice ric, how are the coffee episodes coming along?
    that 100 looks nice. it does seem to be traffic and views?

1. Rik Ravado profile image92
      Rik Ravadoposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Episode 5 is heating up nicely Rebekah.  Unfortunately it won't make me rich.  I think the only episode of 'coffee' that earned anything made around a $1 (one click).  Still, it is nice to make 100 even if its only for a day!

7. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

Whoah, 100 is an impressive score!

8. 59
    Siew Chengposted 6 years ago

Are you talking about the Author score?  it fluctuates.  When I was quite active in uploading articles, my author score was rather high.
    A few months of inactivity, and it drops to 44. A couple of days in making comments, and participating in the forum pushes it to he current score.