jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Ask a Question Box

1. Whitney05 profile image68
    Whitney05posted 6 years ago

I know it's been brought up before, but I couldn't find the thread...

Can we move the 'Ask a Question' box that's on each hub. I just realized this is why I keep getting tons of requests. People are using this box to ask questions instead of the comment area.

In my opinion, it's also causing people to sign up to ask that one question, and then never coming back. In a way, it wastes a signup. Makes the site look like it has tons of users, and very little hubs in ratio.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 6 years ago

I have to agree that I'd rather have a simple and personal question, which is the majority of what I'm getting via this feature, asked in the comment box and not as a Hub request.

3. 0
    lyricsingrayposted 6 years ago

me three!

4. Whitney05 profile image68

5. frogdropping profile image84
    frogdroppingposted 6 years ago

I've had three questions asked through the box, all lumped as 'requests'. All of which I've answered and none of which register as being answered.

Not sure it works for the right reasons.

6. Whitney05 profile image68

I've had over 20 comments asked in the 'ask a question' box. I have at least 1 or 2 a day. At one point, I was getting 5 or so. One day, I swear I had about 10.

None of mine that I've answered have registered as being answered either.

7. Whitney05 profile image68

Just wanted to bump this.

I'd much rather answer people's questions on the hub that they came from in case other people have the same question.

Again, it just has people sign up who asks a question and then nothing. It just clutters up the stats of hubbers and whatnot.