jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

No 1, No1 Page with No1 keyword - then deleted from google!

1. shazwellyn profile image85
    shazwellynposted 6 years ago

Ok.. imagine this, you have the no 1 position, in the no 1 page with the no 1 keyword.  All is fine and then 'mysteriously' the page gets totally deleted from the search engines.  I wonder why????

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 6 years ago

It's well known that Google gives a bit of a boost to a new page, but then retracts that extra support when newer content comes along.  Also, not all their index lives on all servers, it's just not physically possible, and if any servers are down, material can disappear from their index.

But of course, anything we might speculate is just conjecture.

Suffice to say, what's just happened to you is regularly posted about and pondered in the forums.  In the end, pages reappear and life goes on.

3. Ivorwen profile image84
    Ivorwenposted 6 years ago

I don't know the why, but I do know that it happens frequently.  Usually it is back in two weeks.  Other time the issue is that Google has many servers, and they are not all the same, so while you may be ranked first on one, you may not even be indexed on some of the others. 

I know at one time, I had one I couldn't even find on Google, but was getting hits on it every day, from Google searchers.  Eventually they even out.  smile

4. shazwellyn profile image85
    shazwellynposted 6 years ago

I dont get many hits on this particular hub and was thinking in terms of conspiracy.  It is just very odd!  The page ranking tool, doesnt come up with a single rank... it has disappeared totally! 

I shall keep a track on this, though.  Do you think I need to contact anyone about this?

Thanks Gia Relache and Ivorwen for your responses.

5. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

Actually all the information is on one server, that server is duplicated well over a hundred times,

Search for the exact URL on Google, if it appears it has not been deleted, it has just had questions raised.

If this has occoured the most commmon issue is to do with malicious code, either on your website itself, or on a website you link to.

This is a huge problem, and unfortunately a common one.  On at least three occasions I have seen websites earning over £500 a month each, drop to about £10 a month.

Apart from that, sign up to Google Webmaster Tools, that can tell you a huge amount about what google sees on your website, and how it tracks it!

6. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 6 years ago

Shaz, you can disregard what thisisoli said about GWT, as you can't use them with Hubs.

7. Bill Manning profile image70
    Bill Manningposted 6 years ago

I've had my own websites for years. Your ranking changes a bit every time google updates. I've had the #1 spot for a keyword, then seen it go to the 20th page.

All you can do is keep working, linking and building. In fact that's what the web is all about. smile

8. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

Ahh yeah sorry, forgot that GWT is unavailable to hubbers, I'm too used to that software on my non-hubpages work!