New here, does my first hub look OK?

1. 61
    billy_mposted 6 years ago

Here it is:

Is the information useful (at least if you like trains)?
    Any suggestions for improving it?

1. Daddy Paul profile image68
      Daddy Paulposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have not played with trains in 50 years. I cannot recall what an "S" or "O" is. I'm sure i could google it.

Writing wise I would liven up the first line to grab the readers attention.

I prefer this hub to 90% of those I have read.

2. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Hello Billy_m

I visited your Hub and the layout needs a little work. You can eliminate some of the white openness you have on your Hub, if you simply took your train ads and put them to the side of the wording to describe them.

The wording would wrap under the ad it is next to. It might give a more continuous flow to your Hub. As it stands, it goes on to the product your trying to sell. Mention it in your writing, so as to direct the readers attention to your ad.

Example: As you can see, ----> or On the right-side you'll see a picture...thus pointing to your ad, then go on about the product.

This might help generate sales, which I think is your goal. Then again, I'm just giving you my thoughts. You can choose to do whatever you would like.

Btw- Welcome to HubPages. I hope to see you in the forum community sometime. smile