jump to last post 1-17 of 17 discussions (32 posts)

When will hubbers start following a new hubber like me?

1. 0
    PrakashTposted 6 years ago

I have joined last friday. I am so sad that I have only one follower.
    How can I get more followers? Plese suggest me.

1. Stevennix2001 profile image82
      Stevennix2001posted 6 years ago in reply to this

all i can tell you dude, is that all it takes is time.  sure you may not make too many right away, but you will if you keep at it.  however, my best advice to you is what satomko said to me.  just look around hubpages and become a fan of people that write hubs that peak your interest on some level, as some of them will be gracious like me.  not saying you should become a fan of mine, but just giving you an example okay.  however, most hubbers are like me, where they'll fan who ever else follows their work.  that's one sure way to gain fans.

another thing you can do is just participate in forums.  share your opinions with those here, and people will become your friends.  once they do, they'll more than likely fan you too because they like you.

1. 0
        PrakashTposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Steve for being gracious. I am wondering whether I will make a few pennies out of hubpages, once my hub count hits 25.

1. Stevennix2001 profile image82
          Stevennix2001posted 6 years ago in reply to this

your welcome.  it really depends on various things.  some people are different from others.  as not all hubs are going to generate that kind of money when you hit 25 hubs. just be sure to submit each hub site address to google, as that will be one key to your success.

another key is how original the topics are and how good you are as a writer.

2. earnestshub profile image87
      earnestshubposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Look! you have another follower already! smile

1. 0

So kind of you. Finally, I gottan idea to collect followers. :-)

3. Princessa profile image87
      Princessaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Write good quality hubs, join the HubChallenge, join the HubMob and start making new friends smile

Welcome to HubPages!

1. 0

HubMob and HumChallenge?? Just hearing about it...Will surely join the two. Thanks for the useful hint.

2. 0
        Deborah Sextonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Follow others first and comment on their hubs.

1. 0

WiLL follow you and comment on your articles...

3. Yanchun Ge profile image61
        Yanchun Geposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ha ha! I came here more than you late.

4. Lily Rose profile image84
        Lily Roseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You got a lot of good advice here.  Mine would be to not ask for followers - many people would be put off by that.  Patience...

4. Cagsil profile image82
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Are you in a rush? Relax. Get to know your way around, even write a few more hubs. The Hubbers, if they like your writing, will come.

Old saying - You build it and they will come. So, keep at it. smile

5. 0

Hi cagsil,
      Thanks for ur consoling reply. But, is my topic interesting to get more followers? Im writing about kids.

1. Cagsil profile image82
        Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think kids can be a good topic, it blends to both sides of the equation, which is male and female. However, since I haven't read your writing, to know what you know about kids, considering I don't have any myself....would be kind of useless to me.

However, as you'll learn, you won't be able to stay on that topic for long, and will need to diversify an arrangement of different Hubs.

So, only time will tell. But, socializing within the community is a good step. smile

6. itech profile image57
      itechposted 6 years ago

When your Impression meets the criteria of other hubbers of deciding who want to follow they.

Including your way & topic of writing.
      Well you write on Kids, thinking females would get attract more.

7. 0
      B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 6 years ago

just be yourself in your writings and in your posts...

my best advice, be kind to all humanity and nothing but good will come to you my friend..

8. 0
      Hikikomoriposted 6 years ago

Don't worry.

People never follow me. Why? I guess it's because I don't have a like-able personality. I have Asperger's though, so that sort of makes sense....

Someone followed me within a few minutes of signing up to this site. That was kind of a surprise.

9. 0
      lyricsingrayposted 6 years ago

If you build it (Hubs), they will come.

10. BEAUTYBABE profile image85
      BEAUTYBABEposted 6 years ago

I couldn't agree more.
      When you put pen to paper about something that you are passionate about in your life, if you write something that is familiar to you, you will find that the words will come. The more times you do it (write hubs and go into forums, etc) the more people will notice you and follow, Good Luck and God Bless for having the courage to to do this. Have faith it will happen, just give it time, okay We all go through the same process, it is frustrating at first, but please don't give up, just keep trying. For encouragement you have another follower from Beautybabe.

11. 0
      Hikikomoriposted 6 years ago

If I was a pretty girl, people would follow me.

1. IzzyM profile image85
        IzzyMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

But you are a cute wee bunny rabbit, and people will still follow you if you write interesting hubs:)

2. kirstenblog profile image78
        kirstenblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You are a pretty rabbit!

12. EmpressFelicity profile image84
      EmpressFelicityposted 6 years ago

When your avatar is naked.  So I'm told anyway.

13. salt profile image66
      saltposted 6 years ago

good luck and it can take time and a bit of effort to find more followers... I would like to be your fan, you can be mine too if you like.

14. efeguy profile image60
      efeguyposted 6 years ago

write hubs on what you know best and follow the views of other hubbers

with time you will get followers. just be real.

15. 0

I am very happy that there are so many hubbers who are ready to guide a new-joinee. Thank you so much guys.

16. nextstopjupiter profile image83
      nextstopjupiterposted 6 years ago

Write some comments on hubs you like, follow the writers of these hubs, write some fan mail and invite them to follow you, it is one way to get more followers.

17. 0
      kmkilleenposted 6 years ago

I had the same question! I'm new to hubbing too and have no idea how I'll get people to read my stuff. I think people's advice about reading and commenting on other hubs is the best plan. Good luck.

18. thisisoli profile image73
      thisisoliposted 6 years ago

Its a  strange subject, I think the best way to attract followers however, is to write well!

1. kirstenblog profile image78
        kirstenblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Strangely this seems to work best for me tongue

19. skyfire profile image74
      skyfireposted 6 years ago

Prakash, write better content and follow others that is the only way to get followers. Think long term and get some visitors for yourself.