jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Amazon help again...God I suck! :P

1. DogSiDaed profile image60
    DogSiDaedposted 7 years ago

Ok so on my Amazon page my location is set to the UK, but on my hubs I have posted links to the main Amazon.com site, as I think more Americans will view the hubs than Britons. These should still register on my Amazon affiliate page if purchases yes? Thanks for all the help guys smile DSD

1. Nell Rose profile image91
      Nell Roseposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Just to say to everyone on this post, thanks!! I have been on the UK amazon for weeks and not getting anywhere, did'nt realise you had to do the US one. I just changed it. Now perhaps i might get somewhere. I wondered why it was all in dollars!! duh, I can be a dumb ass sometimes! Bring brain into gear for goodness sake Nell. Cheers

2. DogSiDaed profile image60
    DogSiDaedposted 7 years ago

Bump, sorry smile

3. EmpressFelicity profile image84
    EmpressFelicityposted 7 years ago

If you're affiliated with Amazon UK rather than Amazon US, you will get zilch.  Been there, done that, bought the extra-large T-shirt with the stains down the front (until some kind person on the forums put me right).

On Hub Pages you can *only* show Amazon US stuff in your Amazon capsules.  That's just the way they've set it up.  So if you have a hub that's of interest largely to UK readers and you want to put an Amazon UK capsule in there, you can't.

1. DogSiDaed profile image60
      DogSiDaedposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks so much, I now have an Amazon.com account, so hopefully now it'll work smile I presume previous items posted from Amazon.com will now be linked to this new reference?

1. bigmikeh profile image81
        bigmikehposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Make sure your Amazon tracking id ends in -20 (the US suffix) not -21 (the UK suffix) and it should all be OK

2. EmpressFelicity profile image84
        EmpressFelicityposted 7 years ago in reply to this

No, you won't get credited with any sales you made from your Amazon capsules while you had your Amazon UK affiliate ID linked to your HP account.  At least I don't think so anyway.  Sorry sad

4. Haunty profile image84
    Hauntyposted 7 years ago

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/29687#post618368

And anyway, bear in mind that all these questions have been asked before, so most of the time doing a simple search gets you there.

5. thisisoli profile image56
    thisisoliposted 7 years ago

yeah you need yto register for Amazon US, however you can post up to two affiliate links in each Hub, so you might want to consider giving a couple of links to the UK amazon to get a conversion or two from your UK visitors!

working