jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

Hurray! I finally figure out how to upload youtube!

1. brimancandy profile image83
    brimancandyposted 6 years ago

I added a youtube video to one of my hubs today. The first few times I did it, it didn't work. I must have finally done something right. I have a slow internet connection, so watching a 4 minute youtube video might take a half hour or an hour for it to load. I have also tried to upload videos from my computer to youtube without success.

One of my new years goals it to switch to high speed internet. I'm sick of pages taking forever to load. At least I was able to accomplish one today! I'm sure I'll be posting more!

2. 0
    cosetteposted 6 years ago

good job! good luck with your new internet connection. it will make life a lot easier.

3. Misha profile image76
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

LOL way to go Briman! wink

4. Michael Willis profile image77
    Michael Willisposted 6 years ago

I also have the dreaded "dial-up" internet since it is all that is available to me here. I understand the frustration on pages loading. Hopefully you'll finally get a high speed internet in your area, as I hope one day we will here as well, hopefully in my life time!

5. 0
    cosetteposted 6 years ago

can you get satellite internet?

1. Michael Willis profile image77
      Michael Willisposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi cosette, I don't know about OP, but if I did get satellite...the only difference in speed would be 70,000-90,000bps (bytes per second) at $125 monthly compared to what I get now 45,000-50,000bps for $24.95 monthly. I know someone near me who went the satellite route and I can't see a $100.00 more for no real difference. When you sign up for satellite, there is No guarantee for the speeds you will get. I have called them all. And...there is no longer cable even available here. The rural cable company removed their services and their lines even this past fall.

1. 0
        cosetteposted 6 years ago in reply to this

ouch. i had no idea it was so expensive.

i know this is probably a dumb question but would a bluetooth-enabled phone buy you anything? just wondering.

(p.s. hi )

6. brimancandy profile image83
    brimancandyposted 6 years ago

Thanks everyone! It's not that I don't have high speed internet in my area. There is a million options. I just can't afford it.
    I'm not working, and have no income. So I have to downsize on everything until I get income again.

Right now, I'm living on a pension buyout, which runs out in February. Hope to have something going by then. Sales on Amazon, whatever. While I look for another job. YUK!!!

7. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 6 years ago

If you have line of site to a friend or neighbor that does have access to broadband, you could try setting up a point to point wireless bridge.  With the right antennas you can do as much as 5 miles (without violating FCC limits).

8. 0
    Crazdwriterposted 6 years ago

oooo brim maybe you should do a step by step hub for ppl who still don't know how to do that smile