jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Google rankings

1. med420 profile image61
    med420posted 9 years ago

Does anyone have any information on how Google ranks hubs?  I published a hub a few days ago and found it on the front page of google for one of my tags/search terms.  Today it's nowhere to be found on google.  How did I go from the front page of google to not being listed on the first 10 pages of google?  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

2. Mark Knowles profile image61
    Mark Knowlesposted 9 years ago

News vs Authority.

3. med420 profile image61
    med420posted 9 years ago

Thanks for your reply - I am new to all this - what does news vs. authority mean exactly?

4. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 9 years ago

When you just posted - it's news, and makes the first page just because of it. Then you have to actually earn your place...

5. med420 profile image61
    med420posted 9 years ago

Ah ha -and earning you place is done just by writing a good hub and promoting it?  Is there some other trick?

6. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 9 years ago

Yep, you got it right. Writing quality content and properly promoting it is the key smile

7. med420 profile image61
    med420posted 9 years ago

okay - thanks - I dugg you hub on driving directions!

8. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 9 years ago

Thanks, Med, I appreciate it smile

9. profile image69
    TattooSaraposted 9 years ago

Also don't be too locked into Google's rankings.  Google overall is very high maintenance.  I have have pages drop in and out of top 10 spots all the time.  Some days in the top five other days non exsistant. In the end if you provide consistently good content and market the hubpage by building links to it you will get a good amount of traffic and overall have good rankings for many keywords. 

If you are just looking at the ranking of one keyword on one hubpage you will drive yourself crazy with trying to figuring out google rankings.  Instead don't pay attention at all to the rankings until you have built 15 to 20 pages.  Then you will have some data to use and work from.

Hope it helps...

10. BassGuru profile image73
    BassGuruposted 9 years ago

Yup Google will drive you mad if you focus on it.

Quality content + quality linkage is the way forward. Do it naturaly!

working