jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (17 posts)

contest

1. Froggy213 profile image32
    Froggy213posted 9 years ago

why does it say-sorry that hub doesn't exist?

2. stephhicks68 profile image82
    stephhicks68posted 9 years ago

Froggy - I got that message too everytime I went back to the page from the requests page.  So, I had to go to my email (where I get the clue) and then click on the clue from there.

Plus, I couldn't search in the requests page.  Every search term I used came back with a message that the page did not exist.

And my final complaint smile is the fact that the clue said it was a 25-letter topic, but here is the winning announcment (apparently 25 was a typo??)

Congratulations to MC7 who solved this clue first. Today's topic is BOOKS. (The image is a square root (get it?). Taking the square root of all the numbers yields the 5-letter topic of HubPages requests 732 and 780)

3. gamergirl profile image60
    gamergirlposted 9 years ago

Well, we apparently weren't "careful" enough when we read the clue, dear.  *shrugs*  It's fine, there are still, what, 18 clues left?

At least they're still vague topics that we can all take a whack at.

4. gamergirl profile image60

Also, if you navigate to the current day's clue page, then fix the link to show the current day of the week and calendar date and just keep hitting refresh, when the clue comes available you will be able to load it.  They've been a bit behind, the clue doesn't always come available right at noon on the nose. tongue

5. stephhicks68 profile image82

I know, I know!  I'm awful at math, so I would have never figured out the square roots of those numbers.  Thank goodness we can write on books and not square roots!  wink

6. gamergirl profile image60

I'd have been cool with math being a topic to write about, I'm GREAT at math.  big_smile

7. HubPages profile image
    HubPagesposted 9 years ago

In every case that the clue doesn't launch at noon, it's because the clue sponsor does not have the clue posted up exactly on time. It's usually a server problem (typically caching, or a faulty scheduler, as hosts have told me).

Occasionally real life intervenes on our best plans. smile

8. gamergirl profile image60

"Hey Jason, the clue's not up!"  "HUSH PAUL, I'M IN THE RESTROOM!"

1. HubPages profile image
      HubPagesposted 9 years ago in reply to this

You haven't figured out a clue correctly yet, but at least you demonstrate a great sense of humor about it! wink

9. Stacie Naczelnik profile image87
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 9 years ago

Guys...I get the square root of the numbers thing...but, I'm still not sure how it got to be books.

Please explain it to me like I'm a two year old.  Please.

1. Peter M. Lopez profile image91
      Peter M. Lopezposted 9 years ago in reply to this

The square roots (732/780) were request numbers that referenced book requests.

10. Stacie Naczelnik profile image87
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 9 years ago

Okay...never mind.  I just read gamergirl's response on the clue hub.

I finally got it!  Finally!

11. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 9 years ago

[books] cubed = tesseract encylopedias from outer space
    haha, nevermind, it's physics literature humor.

12. gamergirl profile image60

oh I have, but MC7 gets the winning guess in, or someone else, and so I don't continue guessing.  I don't see a reason to once the hub's been edited to show the winning guess and topic. tongue

Maybe one of these days I'll get in before the quickfingers, or you guys'll do a clue about WoW or something and I'll know enough stuff to knock out 10 hubs and grind my way up higher with the big dogs. big_smile

13. stephhicks68 profile image82

Its all fun.  Even when I get frustrated.  But I really have to do real work today.... so I'll be booking it home (HA) afterwards.

14. gamergirl profile image60

yeah, I've got to do work today too...

it's not working.. LOL

1. stephhicks68 profile image82
      stephhicks68posted 9 years ago in reply to this

No, its not, is it??  LOL!!

working