jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Is Amazon gift certificate transferrable?

1. emievil profile image84
    emievilposted 7 years ago

Just wondering. I think I'm close to hitting $10 in Amazon (keeping my fingers crossed on this one). But since I'm not in the U. S., I chose to get an Amazon gift certificate instead (the check takes too long due to the high threshold). So, is the gift certificate transferable? I couldn't find the answer in Amazon's Help section. If you know the answer or know where I can get it from, please refer me to the site.

Thank you and Happy New Year!

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 7 years ago in reply to this

wow, i didn't even know you could turn your Amazon earnings into gift certificates. i think i will do that.

2. emievil profile image84
    emievilposted 7 years ago

Oooopppps, sorry for the wrong spelling in the title smile.

3. Princessa profile image85
    Princessaposted 7 years ago

I don't know about it.  I would like to know the answer too.  I also get gift certificates BUT they can only be spend in Amazon.com I cannot use them in Amazon.fr which makes the shipping prices from America to France very expensive.

I would like to hear how other foreign affiliates deal with it.

4. darkside profile image81
    darksideposted 7 years ago

The gift certificate is a code that gets put in when a person makes a purchase online. So yes, it is transferable.

1. Princessa profile image85
      Princessaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

So I can give it away as a gift voucher to any one.  Is that right?

So far I have been using it to buy goodies for my grandma in USA and a couple of times she has send me my purchases with friends who were coming here.

1. darkside profile image81
        darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I've done it before. Emailed the "claim code" to a friend. It looked something like this: U3ZY-ULZBH2-NSK8

2. emievil profile image84
      emievilposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks darkside.

I'm actually thinking of either (1) giving it to my uncle who lives in the US or (2) selling it to someone who can deposit the amount in my paypal. I know the second one sounds so well 'commercialized' but I really hope it can be done so that I can monetize my gift certificate.

working