jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

UpLoading PIcs to a Hub

1. 57
    bobscoutposted 8 years ago

I am trying to put a picture in my hub but it comes out way to big, I am in the Photo capsule, loading a jpeg and I cannot size it, any help would be great

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 8 years ago

Photo capsules can be resized.  There are two ways.

One is to click the arrow that points right in the edit line of the capsule.  This will shrink the capsule to half size AND move it to the right column.

However, you can also open up the capsule and edit the display to change the size without moving the capsule to the right column.  There's a pull-down for each image labeled "maximum image size" and it lets you pick from full, half or quarter width.  Don't forget to click "update" to save your sizing changes before you save the capsule.

3. Peter M. Lopez profile image92
    Peter M. Lopezposted 8 years ago

Yeah, what relache said.  But there is also a free program that is easy to use and works great and you can resize a variety of formats. It's called PIXresizer.  You can download it here:

1. darkside profile image85
      darksideposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Cool looking little program.

I've downloaded it. It looks like I'll be able to do batch resizes.

Thanks for that!

4. Angela Harris profile image74
    Angela Harrisposted 8 years ago

Thanks, Relache. I wasn't aware that you could just click right to downsize an image. Saves me some editing time.

5. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 8 years ago

I also like how the half and quarter views let you shrink a picture on the page, but then let the hub visitor click on it and see it full size.