Do you think the twilight saga is good?

1. dogluver1 profile image59
    dogluver1posted 6 years ago

Hi just wondering if you guys like the twilight saga. I definitly like it. I'm reading new moon twilight was really good too!

2. fromheart profile image58
    fromheartposted 6 years ago

Ya i liked it too....

3. NaomiR profile image86
    NaomiRposted 6 years ago

No, I don't think it's good at all. I read all four books and saw the first two movies because a close friend is an avid fan and I trusted her opinion that this is a good series. I'm sorry to say that I disagree (though I respect her opinion for why she loves it so much).

I have too many reasons for why I dislike it, but in short, I just don't get why pretty much every guy in the series (save for her father) looooves Bella. She has no hobbies, no interests (other than Edward) and whines all the time. Yet everyone is magically in looooove with her. She's a classic "Mary Sue," especially in the last book, where she miraculously seems to have the answers for everything.

Meantime, neither Edward nor Jacob is a catch. Both are controlling and borderline abusive, IMO. Why does Edward literally have to carry Bella everywhere and treat her like a child? It's not romantic, it's annoying. Him watching her sleep? Creeeepy, NOT sweet. Their co-dependent relationship where he intends to kill himself if she dies. Again, not sweet -- horrifying. This is what we're encouraging kids to see as "true love?" Um, NO. And though he does seem to be at least somewhat interesting, given that he speaks several languages and is a musician, what does Bella concentrate on? His beauty. Every damned description of him talks about his beautiful amber eyes or sparkly skin or cold and hard (ew) but beautiful body. WTF? And WTF is up with the sparkling?