jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Page rank research

1. Heather Fletcher profile image61
    Heather Fletcherposted 7 years ago

I've installed the Google toolbar to get page rankings, but now when I try to do SEO research most of the top dozen results are local to my area (Vancouver, Canada). I need global results, not local. How can I get global results without uninstalling Google toolbar?
    Heather Fletcher

1. instinctis profile image59
      instinctisposted 6 years ago in reply to this

google is collecting data to build up your browsing profile, which once is filled (via the bar you've just installed) it'll just feed you useless info and links which will only block instead of narrowing your research

2. Susana S profile image90
    Susana Sposted 7 years ago

If you click on the spanner icon on the google toolbar and select options you can adjust your search settings.

Heather Fletcherposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thank you, but I've done that already (US .com, not .ca) and I still get the local version.
      HF

3. Jeffrey Neal profile image86
    Jeffrey Nealposted 7 years ago

Make sure you are logged out of Google.

If so, and you are still getting local results, there is a firefox browser plugin that will allow you to search as though you are in a different part of the world. There is a link to download within this blog post:
    http://www.redflymarketing.com/blog/goo … 04-bugfix/

Heather Fletcherposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Jeffrey

1. Jeffrey Neal profile image86
        Jeffrey Nealposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You're welcome.smile
        Hope that helped.

4. profile image0
    cosetteposted 7 years ago

yikes wow i didn't know you could do that with the Google toolbar. 'k, i'm going to get it.

5. thisisoli profile image60
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

Use http://www.scroogle.org

This gives you anonymous google browsing, so it is entirely free of all your Google personalizations.

working